Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: The Dow [Re: reaper] #307096
10/27/08 05:16 PM
10/27/08 05:16 PM
Plano,Tx
pugwash Offline

pugwash  Offline
DVN down big today , but the April 70 calls were at $14.90?

A 31% move just to be "in the money?".....I'll pass on that one for a while!

I've been in and out of .wmtcx 2 1/2 times in the last 2 weeks: Each time the market bounces it's good for 20-30% and no matter how poor we get, it stays the store of choice?

Niemans shoppers may head to somewhere a little less glitzy, but where do you go after Walmart?

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Re: The Dow [Re: pugwash] #307099
10/27/08 05:24 PM
10/27/08 05:24 PM
Beautiful San Marcos, Texas
E
Ernie B Offline OP
Ernie B  Offline OP
E
Some of the Asian "pros" have forcast a floor for gold at $650. Later, going to Wal*Mart.

Oh Reaper, I dont recall nuthin.

Last edited by Ernie B; 10/27/08 05:26 PM.

Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.
Re: The Dow [Re: Ernie B] #307110
10/27/08 06:30 PM
10/27/08 06:30 PM
SW, MA / SW, FL
R
ragman Offline
ragman  Offline
R
ernie, I'm not very interested in Gold. Unless you happened to buy in the last few years it hasn't been much of a long term investment. Options I usually stay away from. Hard to figure what is going to happen LT without a time limit. Stocks I've had mixed results with. No load mutual funds and ETF's seem to do fine for an average investor like me. Most of my home runs where real estate. Especially large lots (for a city) that I bought in the 70's.

Hopefully we are at or near a bottom. I will do OK and my life will not be affected but some people near or going into retirement like me are going to be hurt real bad if this continues.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
Re: The Dow [Re: ragman] #307126
10/27/08 07:32 PM
10/27/08 07:32 PM
Georgia Islands, USA
bushdoctor Offline
bushdoctor  Offline
Ragman, if you can, hold your real estate. I got out of the market at 10.5, "stupid is as stupid does". I sold my real estate investments three years ago, did well. I will buy more in the next month because the bottom is there in real estate.
Good Luck to you.

I was out of town when it happen
Re: The Dow [Re: bushdoctor] #307187
10/28/08 07:04 AM
10/28/08 07:04 AM
Beautiful San Marcos, Texas
E
Ernie B Offline OP
Ernie B  Offline OP
E
Rag/Bush. I have been in and out of gold, silver and copper for several years and still a rookie, but have done pretty good, no loses (minor dip in silver). I have been retired for several years and any risk I take must be very low. I know, low risk, low return. Im comfortable with that.

Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.
Re: The Dow [Re: pugwash] #307190
10/28/08 07:14 AM
10/28/08 07:14 AM
MD
dogmatic prevaricator Offline
dogmatic prevaricator  Offline
Originally Posted by pugwash
Of course I have difficulty with pragmatics, mostly due to recto-cranial trauma.

Don't know how I missed this gem of wisdom. smirk

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Re: The Dow [Re: dogmatic prevaricator] #307215
10/28/08 09:58 AM
10/28/08 09:58 AM
Plano,Tx
pugwash Offline

pugwash  Offline
There is nothing that exposes someone as a fraud as much as when they actually make something up and post it as "fact"

It would be like me posting this and representing that Bit*hmatic had written it himself

Originally Posted by dogmatic prevaricator
The reason I may seem a little strange is that from an early age women have found me creepy. Haven't you noticed how often I talk about NAMBLA, masturbation, questionable relationships with gentlemen psychiatrists and maternal uncles?
I use obscure words to try and get attention

If you have issues with anything I say, raise counterpoints or prove my opinions wrong, but to make up an outright lie is pitiful

And you wanted me to grow a set?

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Re: The Dow [Re: Ernie B] #307225
10/28/08 10:43 AM
10/28/08 10:43 AM
SW, MA / SW, FL
R
ragman Offline
ragman  Offline
R
FWIW:
From Kirk
"Friday, October 17, 2008
Warren Buffett Buy Signal
In a New York Times OpEd article today, Warren Buffett says he is moving from US Treasuries to US Stocks now. I pay attention to what Buffett has to say.

Buffett wrote that his personal portfolio that was not in Berkshire Hathaway stock was in "nothing but United States government bonds" before this decision to buy stocks now.

So ... Iíve been buying American stocks. This is my personal account Iím talking about, in which I previously owned nothing but United States government bonds. (This description leaves aside my Berkshire Hathaway holdings, which are all committed to philanthropy.) If prices keep looking attractive, my non-Berkshire net worth will soon be 100 percent in United States equities."

Last edited by ragman; 10/28/08 10:45 AM. Reason: give credit

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
Re: The Dow [Re: pugwash] #307234
10/28/08 11:27 AM
10/28/08 11:27 AM
MD
dogmatic prevaricator Offline
dogmatic prevaricator  Offline
Originally Posted by pugwash
There is nothing that exposes someone as a fraud as much as when they actually make something up and post it as "fact"

It would be like me posting this and representing that Bit*hmatic had written it himself

Originally Posted by dogmatic prevaricator
The reason I may seem a little strange is that from an early age women have found me creepy. Haven't you noticed how often I talk about NAMBLA, masturbation, questionable relationships with gentlemen psychiatrists and maternal uncles?
I use obscure words to try and get attention

If you have issues with anything I say, raise counterpoints or prove my opinions wrong, but to make up an outright lie is pitiful

And you wanted me to grow a set?

An example of creativity and originality followed by a short bus imitation.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Re: The Dow [Re: Otteralum] #307236
10/28/08 11:30 AM
10/28/08 11:30 AM
Houston
travelqueen Offline
travelqueen  Offline
Originally Posted by Otteralum
I just changed my 401k to a more aggressive stance -- we'll see I guess.

I did the same thing... let it ride baby!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
March
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 223 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics73,677
Posts486,542
Members19,811
Most Online4,377
Dec 15th, 2020

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.