We were planning on spending a few days on the mainland before heading over to Ambergris Caye. However, we have been reading about all the flooding everywhere over the last week or so. We were going to be renting a car and probably spending 2 nights near Belmopan area touring the Belize Zoo and probably Xunantunich then heading down to Placencia. We have been holding off on booking hotels due to the fact they are non-refundable no matter what the reason you cancel for. We would prefer driving to see some of the country and due to the fact flying to Placencia for a one nights stay is a little pricey.
Does anyone know the current road conditions not only to the south but in western Belize as well we heard some roads had been closed? Is there a website other than the message boards where we could find out that information? We will not be arriving until 11/22/08.