Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
My husband and I took advantage of the cheap airfare and are making our first trip down in Feb. I have been trying to figure out how to organize our trip so that we can see and do everything with minimal time lost traveling between locations. We definetly want to stay on AC to dive for several days but also want to take inland tours (cave tubing, jungle tour, mayan ruins, jaguar reserve etc).
1. Should we stay for 4-5 days on AC then go back to the mainland for another 4-5 days? I just dont want to have a 1.5-2 hour boat ride everyday to get to mainland tours or to the reef!
2. to dive the blue hole, should be book that when staying on the mainland or on AC?
3. Would renting a car facilitate trips on the mainland or is public transportation adequate for touring?
4. It sounds like renting a villa north of the bridge on AC is a pain, are we better just staying in San Pedro? any good suggestions for a nice place convenient to dive shops and restaurants?

Thanks to anybody who had been before us and can help me figure this out!

There are several hotels that are within walking distance of town. Also, you can stay in San Pedro and take either a boat trip or fly over to Belize City for trips on occasion. Several of the day trips offer two activities in one trip...i.e., cave tubing and ziplining is done in one trip.

You should get alot of suggestions from the board, and you will have a great time!

Change your Latitude
i like to stay on the mainland, rather than do day trips (tho i've tried both), cuz there isnt anything like waking up in the jungle. the sounds, the mist, the peace...

we always chose to stay on the mainland first, then go out to the island. adventure before vegetation. just my opinion.

if ya really want help planning everything, contact katie valk or barb's belize. you can find them both on the businesses link at the top of this page.

P
P
Beware of setting yourself too tight an itinerary. Build in some slack - you'll want and need it.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks everybody. Sweetjane - where do you stay on the mainland, on the coast or inland? How far are the trips/tours from where you stay? thanks

i like the cayo district - in the western part of the country. there are several cool lodges to choose from. lots to do there. the distance vastly depends on the activity you choose.

also, many people tell me they do fine without renting a vehicle, but we like to rent a 4x4. adds to the adventure, and we can go where we want when we want.

i have photos available of our trip to cayo last year (and wrote a trip report about it on this board) if you would like to see them.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.