Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#310593 11/13/08 09:04 PM
M
MelnI Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Going to Belize in Feb. 2009 but I will only be there from 2:30pm Friday to 4:30pm on the Sunday. I would like to make the best cultural experience out of the trip as I can in those few days. I have been reading about Homestays with the villagers in the Toledo District (PG) and am very interested in something like this but am not sure if I'll have enough time. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to go? TIA!

B
B
Wow, that is a really tight time frame. I think you may not have time for anything like that. Realistically, you would have one full day as your friday and sunday would be spent traveling. Not to be a Debbie Downer here but you may want to plan that for your next trip and just take advantage of this very short trip on either Caye Caulker or Ambergris.

The last flight to PG is at 5PM so if you are just arriving in BZE at 4:30 you probably will not make it. Probably not worth it to just go down there for 1 day. Maybe Hopkins or Dangriga? That is a pretty interesting cultural area and much closer. Still wouldn't make the last flight to Dangriga on Friday (also 5PM) but you could possibly rent a vehicle and get there that night. It's about a 2 hr drive from Bz City. Interesting area with artists, drum makers, Garifuna culture & foods.

barb - please note they said they fly in at 2:30, not 4:30.

still tight, but could make it to dangriga or hopkins?

hell, one COULD consider the insanity of a weekend in Feb (boogie time)on AC as "cultural"...just in a slightly different way wink

Right then, sorry. In that case they should have plenty of time to make the last flight to Dangriga or PG.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 313 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.