Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#311457 11/18/08 04:06 PM
pnut Offline OP
OP Offline
Our son Fred (from the Hideaway) has just booked a flight for him and his loveable but LARGE dog to arrive in BZE tomorrow, November 19th. They arrive on Continental flight 1628 at 3:47, which makes it nearly impossible to catch the last water taxi, and because said loveable dog is so LARGE, transporting him by air is probably not an option. Does anyone know of some kind soul who has a boat available to get them from the city to the island? Please let me know ASAP!!
Thanks,
Penny & Bob

Penny sent you a PM

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
he might be able to buy a trip on the smallest tropic flight for the pooch and himself - it may cost more because he may have to buy all the seats, but it will be more comfortable for the dog. the boatride may shake and bump the dog around a bit too much.

He should make it. I just flew the first week October back ariving on the 3:47 flight and had time waiting for the 4:30 water taxi to SP.

My biggest concern is not making it on the water taxi, but the new rules Continental has added to flying with animals which they are not supposed to require. Do you know if he applied for the import permit and its waiting at the int airport like it should be or if he requested a faxed copy in advance to bring to the airport??? It took me TWO DAYS to get back here in Oct, it was complete BS. A true nightmare.

He can always take Maya air if he misses the water taxi, it only costs one ticket for dogs as opposed to 3 on Tropic. good luck. If you can make the boat it is definately much preferred by dogs. Putting them back in their kennels once they go through customs makes most of them go insane after riding on long flights from the states. Most of the pups love the water taxi ride

P
P
The San Pedro Water Taxi runs a 5:30pm departure from Bz now which might be viable.
www.sanpedrowatertaxi.com/files/schedule.html

great news Phil!! Thank you!

come to think of it if he takes Maya you have to call in advance to arrange a certain plane for the large dog kennels.

T
T
This may help,it is a holiday tomorrow and its late in the day call BAHA SEE link
http://investinbelize.blogspot.com/2008/05/requirements-for-bring-your-dog-or-cat.html

A
A
My biggest concern is not making it on the water taxi, but the new rules Continental has added to flying with animals which they are not supposed to require. Do you know if he applied for the import permit and its waiting at the int airport like it should be or if he requested a faxed copy in advance to bring to the airport??? It took me TWO DAYS to get back here in Oct, it was complete BS. A true nightmare.

Yeah, Penny had them fax up the permit. We have an overabundance of documentation. Now I just have to drive 6 hours to the airport since continental has no hub here.

I appreciate the help, everyone. See you tomorrow.

EDIT:

This may help,it is a holiday tomorrow and its late in the day call BAHA SEE link

Thanks Tim.

Last edited by Abstruse; 11/18/08 04:51 PM.
T
T
I just called baha and they cant fax to me . You need a permit anyway. Try playing dumb gringo and throw around Victor Vigora 's name .
Yes it is a holiday and I think you are lucky there,you can do it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.