Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
I have had complaints from various folks that there is too much chat on this board, and it makes it harder to get information about the island. So if folks can please help to answer people's questions, but refrain from chatty stuff that fills the board and dilutes the informational base.

Thanks,
Marty

[b]Jane had a good idea, i opened an area of this message board for chatting, also the online chat room Tammy put up is at: ]http://www.ambergriscaye.ws/belizechat.htm</b>

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 11-12-2000).]

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
I will add, I have had many folks comment about the playful spirit of our board, and the incredible help folks get from it. all us chatty folks are quite ready to help anyone with questions very quickly. It is VERY handy to have folks ready to answer. For a long time I had to do most of that myself, with help from a limited few. Now to have a ready group of visitors who are knowledgable and helpful is a real aid to me.

So its a fine line I guess. Just trying to point out a few concerns that were voiced to me .....

F
F
Thanks, Marty

Marty.....I understand your position.....glad I'm not in your shoes.

No matter what you do...or how hard you work...there will always be someone that will complain. "You can please some of the people some of the time...but not all of the people all of the time"

This is one of the reasons I invited folks to the chat. I know they enjoy talking with each other about their lives and their common interests in Ambergris Caye.
These people love A.C. and I think try to convey that message to ALL newcomers here.....along with just being damn nice folks. They make people WANT to come visit.
Some of these folks are land owners here...some frequent visitors.

These are the people that visit San Pedro...spend their dollars there...party there....then go home to tell others!
Word of mouth is the best advertising possible....and it's free!

I for one, will try to keep an informational attitude when it comes to my posts here. I have enjoyed working with you and helping out during the hurricane.....I know you were dead tired....you're amazing!

I would ask that all the others here join me in doing our "partying" in the chat room and continue to give our "serious" advise here on this wonderful message board.
It's possible to have the best of both worlds [Linked Image]

Hang in there Marty....you've done your best...and those that are a little on the serious side need to just relax. Life is too short to be that serious....it's all about your attitude on life. [Linked Image] I prefer Optimism!

Belize Chat! http://www.ambergriscaye.ws/belizechat.htm

[This message has been edited by Sandshaker (edited 11-11-2000).]

F
F
way to go, tammy!!!!C

LOL [Linked Image]

Recommended reading:
"Don't Sweat the Small Stuff"

This book helps prepare you for life on Ambergris Caye....LOL

I rest my case!

Tammy,

You forgot the second line of the title....
"It's All Small Stuff" . The kids gave me the book to help change my point of view, the only thing that's worked so far is the last seven years of spending a month or more on AC.

When you need us again, just call we will be there to lend a word or two. This is a Fact not Chat.

[This message has been edited by Chloe (edited 11-11-2000).]

Dare To Deviate
Laughing at ChooChoo!
Look I can't help it if your hard headed.....LOL
Ambergris Caye is a sure cure for a lot of things....so I agree on that point.
I learned a lot from the book.....taught me how to follow that Serenity Prayer better.

Those Blue drinks you like don't hurt either right?

Oops....forgot...I'm supposed to be serious.....sorry.....*geeeezzzz*

A
A
Where can you get a copy of: "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff"? Sounds like it could be informative in getting into the correct mindset to enjoy Belize. Good Board with lots of helpful people here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.