Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
Hey all. Making 1st trip to CC, staying 3 weeks in Dec. Anybody have information on renting boats. We like to fish on our own. I have heard that the water is hard to navigate because of shallow spots. Any information helpful, also any tips for staying that long. Thanks.

P
P
Wouldn't recommend going out on your own....Lots of guides with boats for hire. Ask around and you will be surprised how cheap it is, and you have a greater chance of returning to home every day with fish! Enjoy your stay....

I don't know any one who rents boats with out a captain,for just that reason. The waters locally are hazardous to people who don't know them. It might even be against the law. Not trying to be mean but the area is practically void of markers ,signs and buoys that a boating community might normally have. Unwise ,not just for your own safety and the cost of damages to the boat but damage to the reef.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
C
C
I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that the GOB requires a person to have a captain's license issued by the GOB to operate a boat.

S
S
elbert....yu made a good point.... tourists let loos paan di reef could do som sierious damage fi tru....just look how some treat the rental golf carts...after a few drinks...

C
C
If you are fit, a few returning visitors rent canoes and paddle around the back and on good days the front, if its fishing you are interested in. They bring in some very nice barracuda, snapper, grouper etc. Fishing poles tackle and bait can be rented here for $7.50 a day complete. you may need more bait but its cheap.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day