Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
J
Great advice... bringing it back to the top for folks like me heading to AC for a summer trip!

B
B
SUNSCREEN

M
M
I never go on a trip without trailmix and a handful of little tea light candles. They are great in case there is a power outage or just to make your room cozy. The trailmix has come very handy many times. I also bring the small cheap plastic one time use rain ponchos (can be used more than once). They are small enough to put in your pocket but work great for those rainstorms when you take the water taxi and don't want to arrive like a wet rat for dinner. And never forget bandaids!! Blisters, saltwater and fins are not a good combination.

S
S
Cinca...I'm packing right now and I tried the ziplock bag trick. Works like a charm, I fit a lot more stuff than I thought I would! Thanks for the tip!
Peace, Susan

You're welcome! Have a great trip!

T
T
I wanted to bring this up to the top in case anyone wants to add anything and for those of us who will be on AC soon (but not soon enough). I'm about to use this to make out a "what to bring" for our families and friends who will be traveling to AC with us in Aug/Sept.

O
O
Bringing this great packing thread up to the top for those of us getting ready to travel to paradise. smile

...life can happen at any moment...
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
This may sound stupid, but the first thing we bought while walking around in town(after the rum punch) was a small dishtowel, which I carried everywhere. A bandanna would have done the same job. I have never sweat so much in my life and I hated that dripping down my forehead feeling! Maybe it was just me or just the fact that we were there in Sept. but next time I'm packing one!

"PUT EVERY THING YOU WANT TO TAKE OUT ON THE BED, THEN TAKE HALF AS MUCH CLOTHES AND TWICE AS MUCH MONEY."

Well, I did the clothes thing & still took too much. Next time I'm taking 1/3 of the clothes.

One thing I didn't see mentioned: rope and clothes pins so you can hang things to dry

Rope was also handy to tie the dive bag to the golf cart [theft prevention] Popped all the purches into the bag and didn't worry about 'em falling out.

Give 'em away before ya leave cool

If you don't want to pack the rope and clothes pegs, you can buy them down there at any hardware store. Saves on what you are hauling down.

And if you spend a lot of time in the water, I'd like re-emphasize Lan's tip to bring an extra bathingsuit or two. They can get kinda funky after a few days and it's better if you can wash one out and let it dry while you wear the other.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.