Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
OP Offline
B
You are belizian, you should guide me, whats the best:)

P
P
No, you have to see for yourself. If you can't afford the time or the money to come here for a few months (not just a week or two) then you can't afford to live here.

B
OP Offline
B
Oh, 40,000$ per month is very high, its even high for USA. its impossible frown

I have been here several months. I can tell you it cost more than most people think to live here. I have 2 boys in school. I could live a lot cheaper but I choose to live in a safe place in a good location we eat out at least a few times a week.
If I do stay longer I would want an even nicer place. I would guess if I were to stay here long term I would need at least $4,000 a month to live here. I would say that is not living like the most wealthy. I could live in $2000 US a month but then I would be living more like I did while I was in college. It depends on how you live. Do you want AC, a golf cart, do you like to eat out, do you drink?
If you are single person maybe you could live on less than $2,000 a month on the island but you will be living like a college student.
Mary

mary
P
P
It wasn't $40k per month, it was per year.

B
OP Offline
B
The average per capita income in Belize is less than USD 6,000

Average monthly per couple costs for water are around USD 25, electricity is quite expensive with average monthly costs for a couple reaching USD 100, internet costs are around USD 55 a month, cable TV is around USD 18 a month and telephone costs can vary massively depending on the number of local and international phone calls made with the latter being expensive in Belize.

Yearly average income is 6000$.
shocked its mean i can live in 6000$ a year.

BestPerson, please note that those prices may be correct for some parts of Belize, but they are definitely not accurate for San Pedro.

Change your Latitude
B
OP Offline
B
which is cheap , cool, crime free location to study and live at lowest cost?

and let me know the cost of lowest , lowest crime rate, and good location to study in belize.

P
P
BestPerson, I'll repeat what I said - you have to come and see for yourself. Some people love San Ignacio, which is about as far from the sea as it's possible to get in Belize. Others love the mid-south (the Stann Creek area, main town Dangriga). Still more like Punta Gorda, by the sea in the deep south of the country. Very few people like Belize City.

Prices vary enormously across the country and San Pedro is by far the most expensive place to live. When people who live here tell you something about costs don't question their conclusion as that is fruitless. Do try to get a feel for the way the country operates. And whatever you do, don't harbour a secret belief that everyone here doesn't know what they're talking about and you will be able to live here more cheaply than they say they do. It won't happen.

You MUST come on an extended visit to find out for yourself, living not as a tourist but as a local. If you don't and just come to live here, you and whatever money you have will soon be parted. That may not be convenient for you, but being penniless in a strange and fairly unfriendly country (if you're penniless) is way more inconvenient.

S
S
If you're going to UB Technology you don't have much choice, you'll have to live in Belmopan.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 294 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.