Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#31395 01/31/01 09:34 PM
Well, if you the energy, you could always ride your bike(rental, that is) down to the Lion's Park(if it still exists), and dive off the secluded pier(again, if...) into 8-10 feet of water...no boat traffic, no people, to speak of, and the water and privacy is fantastic!

#31396 10/11/01 06:21 PM
We all tout what we love! I've stayed at Tradewind's twice, Rocks Inn (now Blue Tang) and Lily's. I've watched Fountain Blue being built and can hardly wait to see the inside and how much they sell for. All these are different and each suited to different needs..
There are tradeoffs for everything.
Tradwinds was very upscale with separate bedroom, kitchenette, dining and living area as well as porch and pool. This was very romantic.
I moved to Rock's when I stayed on alone and had a 2nd floor front jr. suite. Quiet, private and peaceful.
Lily's is sparse but clean. Advantage was group of single people and Lily's has two double beds to each room. Rooms are small; veranda right on the beach is great place to meet people. And best of all the charming young couple who run Lily's restaurant will serve your food right in front of your room.
Since Lily's is right down town and I am "early to bed, early to rise (ONLY when on vacation) I found it rather noisy.

IMHO you need to make yourself a list of expectations then do your research. What one person means by "beach" is not what another means. Having grown up in Oregon - yes Marty - with mile wide sand beaches if you could see anyone else you were invading their space. On the Mediterranean and NY beaches people line up like cars in a parking lot.
When you speak of swimming in the ocean do you mean playing in the waves or long distant swimming? There are no waves inside the reef. If you snorkel under the docks you can see all kinds of interesting stuff. You just have to not enter/exit in the boat lanes. Night diving under the docks is wonderful.
If swimming just means cooling off, then go to a place with a pool.
Then decide how much you want to pay per night. I tell my friends I can get you a place for $25 US or $125 US per night. Just know there is a BIG difference -- you get what you pay for.

Boy, did I get windy?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
#31397 10/12/01 06:16 PM
F
F
Scubaldy is right, snorkeling under the docks at night is amazing. I went under the dock at the Victoria House and I saw about 5 baby lobsters. And if I recomended a hotel, it would be either Ramon's or Banana Beach. Ramon's is a bit more upscale and it's in town, but I fell in love with the pool at Banana Beach. The hotel is built around the pool so it's like a little courtyard with a tunnel leading to a nice sandy beach.

#31398 10/13/01 01:15 PM
P
P
Can anyone tell me what the bathing suit/bikini dresscode is on the beaches? Top on or off? I don't want to offend anyone...Advice or experience needed.
Thanks!

#31399 10/13/01 02:01 PM
KC Offline
Top (and bottom) on if you are in town. If you are remote, I suppose you can do as you wish. I don't suppose anyone would give you any grief if you took your top off to sunbathe, but you will probably "draw a crowd". <g>

Now if you are there when Pirate or Zeke are there... I think they would advise you that it is perfectly acceptable to take it off. LOL

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#31400 10/13/01 03:16 PM
I never wore a top the whole time I was there...topless is perfectly acceptable...please post your vacation pics! [Linked Image] AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

#31401 10/13/01 11:20 PM
KC Offline
Pirate, you are a rascal!

[Linked Image]

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#31402 10/18/01 06:18 PM
S
S
I'd rate the Beach as "OK". For laying out, I'd do the Myan. The swimming at either is poor. The Sunbreeze has a nice pool.

If I had kids I'd do the Sunbreeze beacuse of the layout. Myan has better Ocean view from the rooms.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.