Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#314156 12/08/08 11:07 PM
OP Offline
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569134198SFYsfK?vhost=good-times
After clicking on link, click on slide show on right hand side..
Thanks

Another year comes to a close. The economy is fractured with many losing $$ in the stock market as well as other areas of investment. Although we mumble and grumble about our loses as we head to our daily jobs, a few things come to mind. There is so much more to be thankful for than grumble about.
This past Saturday, December 6, I had the opportunity to go to the Christmas under the Bridge in SA and volunteer. What I saw made my emotions run the whole gamut from heart-wrenching sadness for the children in sad family situations to joy as I watched other children with wonder in their eyes upon seeing Santa Clause. Christmas under the Bridge was put on by several organizations in the area. They fed, offered many different services and also gave many homeless new shoes, sleeping bags, blankets, clothes and toiletries. While not everyone was homeless and that was not a pre-requisite of being able to attend, many families that were down on their luck came out to take part in the festivities. I had to laugh at some of the kids seeing Santa for the first time� some cried their eyes out and others just had those wide-eyed stares at the strange man with the beard and red suit. The children really seemed to enjoy the time and I'm sure some of the parents were glad for the extras that they received.
Upon watching and observing most of the participants, I came to realize that some of them lost jobs for reasons that we cannot comprehend. Or then again we might. Some were remains of Ike, some were because of drugs and some were for skilled labor jobs being cut back. It's the children that I can't help but feel sorry for. They might not understand the seriousness of their plight, but you can see the worry in their eyes and expressions.
As we give thanks this season for the gifts in our own lives, let's remember the not-so-fortunate and pray that they too will find peace in their lives.
What are you thankful for?

Last edited by divingcowgirl; 12/08/08 11:36 PM.

Take the road less traveled
Spurs, we had our annual FD toy drive with KABC's Garth Kemp, an LA weatherman on Friday. We collected 5 bus loads of toys! We never had that many, ever! It was awesome to see the folks drop off toys, good toys like scooters and Hannah Montana guitars and remote control cars and boats! We will make many kids happy on December 20th when we give them to the families that need them!

I'm thankful I have a healthy family, nothing is better than that.

Nice TEX!!!
I'm thankful for my health, my wife and my friends. I'm thankful to be able to visit SP on a regular basis.I'm thankful to have met so many great people on this Board , who make my visits to SP even more enjoyable.

Never Use money to measure wealth
C
C
I'm just thankful in general for everything.

Thanks for sharing Spurs! What a wonderful thing to do. I am thankful for caring people like you who are always willing to help others!

Awesome work DCG. You are a jewel. I am thankful for the gift of having people like you in my life.

Change your Latitude
You have a beautiful heart, Spurs! I'm proud to call you my friend!

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
I got nothin'...

Okay, maybe I got my health...

Okay, maybe I got a pretty good husband...

Okay, maybe I got a pretty good place to hang my hat...

Okay, maybe I got some pretty good people in my life...

Okay, maybe I got a better life than I ever thought possible...

Okay, maybe I got to get down on my knees and thank the good lord every day for all my blessings!!

I am thankful for my health; and for my dogs!
chunkyruth, I clicked on your blog -- your dog Jack is the spitting image of my Kwincy!!! It is funny to see him in the pics going after the ball in the pool -- Kwincy is the only retriever who hates the water! .......laugh.......... OH that boy; I love him! He is 13, had hip surgery for dysplacia (sic) a couple years ago. He gets around OK even if he limps a bit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.