Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#31497 11/20/00 02:38 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Hey, can anyone give me info on Seven Seas? Did it sustain much damage from Keith? I know its not open at the moment, but has anyone been by it lately that could tell me what it is like? Has anyone stayed there? Could you let me know what you think of it?

Thanks

#31498 11/20/00 03:47 PM
P
P
I heard its good place from other people who stayed there i m stayin there jan16-21

#31499 11/21/00 11:11 PM
M
M
We stayed at the Seven Seas for a week in late September,early October.Had one of the most incredible vacations ever!I have to say that the place is NOT luxury.The staff is great,treat you wonderful.Only the bedroom is air-conditioned.Equipped kitchen/living room combo,bath with shower only.The maid washes the bedspreads,sheets,towels,etc. and actually hangs them out back on a line to dry!Dive shop out front,but we went to veg, sun and read,don't dive or snorkel,but others said diving/snorkeling was great. Good front porch for sitting.Pool in back is enclosed on three sides by buildings and a fence on the other side,so in Sept it was HOT!,the pool was small but adequate.Close enough to town(we rented a golf cart for the week, but not necessary if you want to walk, not that far).Be sure to go to Papi's Diner, directly behind Seven Seas,a short walk around the block.Great food,very reasonable prices.We have vacationed in the Mayan Riviera/Cancun area in all-inclusive,luxury resorts twice a year for the past 6 years, so this was kind of a culture shock for us. San Pedro is a wonderful town,small, with the friendliest people we have ever met. Do not expect Cancun,etc. on your vacation to AC.DO EXPECT a very different,wonderful, relaxing vacation.The beach in front of the Seven Seas is not the best.You best enter the water from the pier,down a ladder,but once in the water, it is warm,clear and BEAUTIFUL.The beach is public,so you will find locals coming to swim in either their shorts and tee-shirts, or as we encountered, some women stripped down to underwear and bras.No problem(they were covered more than some bathing suits!).It is very much a family-oriented island,children go to school every day, you see them walk to school with their uniforms,crisp and clean.Safety was never an issue.There is a small grocery behind the Seven Seas,across the street from Papi's where we bought bacon,eggs,etc and cooked breakfast.Also a bakery right around the corner. You will have a wonderful time, just don't expect luxury digs,not available at the Seven Seas!Just wonderful service,a great place to relax and have a great vacation. Feel free to e-mail us with any other [email protected]. BELIZE IT!

Mary and Scott
#31500 11/23/00 12:01 PM
B
B
I went to check out the 7 seas.
Just looking around at potential hotels for my next visit. It looked pretty nice.
The lady shooed me away saying they aren't open due to hurricane damage!!
There wasn't any visable. Only some unfinished construction on the front facing the street.
Even more bewildering considering Mary and Scott said they stayed there in Oct???????

I also heard some very weird and unsettling rumors from locals about the ownership

#31501 11/23/00 12:11 PM
B
OP Offline
B
What did you hear?? I heard it has a "history of turmoil" but couldn't get more than that...could you tell me what you've heard..please!!!!!!! You can email me at [email protected] if you don't want to post it. Thanks

#31502 11/24/00 11:41 AM
M
M
CORRECTION! Sorry, I was incorrect in my previous post on when we stayed at the Seven Seas. We stayed from SEPT 6TH TO SEPT 13TH for a week,returned right before Keith came through.However, we did e-mail Dom(the Manager of the Seven Seas) after Keith to see how the hotel fared and he assured us that they had minimal water damage, no real problems. We did not detect any problems during our stay, but can't rule out any. They do sell time shares, so not sure what may be up with that.

Mary and Scott
#31503 11/24/00 08:14 PM
LOL
Timeshare huh?
Must be a bad thing......

#31504 11/24/00 10:20 PM
D
D
Rumors are a dime a dozen down here. The truth is almost always somewhere in between. Dominique went home to Cayo, so I can't tell you who is running the place at the moment. Gaz Coopers is right in front of the place and he is very cool! Go out with either him or Daniel Nunez and you will have a hell of a lot of fun.

#31505 11/25/00 04:34 PM
Seven Seas had apost on this board a few weeks ago looking for a couple to manage the place. The owners were l;ooking to retire. I think they've got a website:
sevenseas.com, (I think).

Grace DeVita
#31506 11/25/00 04:38 PM
B
B
Grace --

That site will get you great recipes to use with Kraft dressings!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.