Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#315065 12/17/08 06:35 PM
OP Offline
Just wanted to update businesses about a guy who has a letter from Dennis Arnold supposedly to collect money for drugs (probably true) and to help youth with sports. Letter is very vague. When he arrived yesterday and said he was Jr. Heredia's nephew, we got suspicious and called his office. Amy assured us that he was no relation. We made arrangements with her to call the police when he came back.

He showed up today with several businesses listed that reportedly gave him money. After stalling him for a half hour waiting on the police to arrive, he of course immediately denied ever saying he was Jr's nephew, etc.

The police, true to form, simply gave him is paper back (Why?) and told him not to do it again. I did, however, manage to get a copy of the letter.

I suspect we will now be a target. Had I known that is what would happen I would have never called the police. Sad, but true. I'm guessing he didn't do it again until he reached the next opportunity along the beach. Nothing like painting a bullseye right on top of your house.

Just a warning...in case you see him.

Cindy

Change your Latitude
S
S
He came by here too... his bit to us was that he was Heredia's nephew and that (lucky us) we were one of a few resorts "selected to receive 30 free sheets of plywood." WOW, our lucky day!!! To claim our prize all we had to do was make a "contribution" to some local "charity" of some sort. Of course, he needed to collect our donation in cash on the spot, and he would promptly pass it along.

"You've got to be F-ing kidding...." we replied... "That's your best??? That's REALLY your best shot? THAT'S your A-game..."

I was then tempted to ask him if he wanted to buy any black dirt from us, coconut seedlings, coconut water, etc, but he skirted off before I had a chance. I've found that to be an effective (and super amusing) strategy... Any time I see that I'm about to be approached by somone soliciting something, I do my best to beat them to the punch...

"Hey there, can I borrow $5.00?"

"Hey, would you buy me a beer?"

"Would you like to buy my watch/bracelet/etc..."

Or I ask them if they can hire me....

-J

C
C
When someone asks to borrow money from me....
I put a big sad face on, sigh, and say
"Darn it! I was going to ask to borrow from YOU!"
This is slightly confusing to the asker...

Eiden Salazar on the Morning Show has just given out a warning to the public about this scammer.

huge laugh. too funny Jeff

OP Offline
Thanks for the tip Jeff, I'm gonna remember that one!

Change your Latitude
S
S
Passed this on to the Morning Show and they broadcast it on this morning's show.

Hm...... a guy lies to you and wastes your itme.
Sounds like a lot of my real estate customers, and not a few of my former dates!
Get a sense of humour and tell him thanks but no thanks.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.