Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31520 11/17/00 05:06 PM
P
pick Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Just got back to Florida today (Friday) from Ambergris Caye, group of us making our 4th and 5th annual visits. Haven't had time yet to catch up on all messages. Facts are: San Pedro is in good shape. We stayed at Caribe Island Resort this trip, fancier than other places we've stayed, with kitchen, fridge, etc. We took water taxi (only way) to Capt. Morgan's, and they have come a long way. We've stayed there before, probably will again. Up and running and good food. We hiked up to Journey's End, and if, as Marty says, they'll be open before February it will be miraculous! It's a mess. Ramon's is open for food, Fido's, of course, is fine, as are some of our other favorites. Most access to the north is by water taxi or ferry. South of town less of a problem. Diving, snorkeling and fishing are excellent. we did it all, even visited Caye Caulker (give it a little more time). If you go to AC, take along a couple of extra T-shirts, shorts, sandals, whatever. Then give them away in San Pedro. Our AC friends still need lots of help, but by all means GO ... and spend some money!!

#31521 11/17/00 05:48 PM
E
E
Pick, I got your reply to my post and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

I'm trying to keep the faith brother!!

I'll be back to Belize...

[This message has been edited by Edwin (edited 11-17-2000).]

#31522 11/17/00 08:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
pick, glad of your nice vacation. i was at JE in august and sorry to hear of the mess. i am surprised they are not going as quickly as others. hmmm, wonder if there are money troubles there. the rooms were getting a bit old looking too. the grounds there were just beautiful and immaculate, and i would love to recommend the beach, but they gotta clean it up first. when i was there a big storm blew in and they had clean up crews out at 6 am, clean by 8. too bad.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 217 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.