Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
This last T'hanksgiving we took TACA from San Francisco to Belize City. We'd read all the comments on the board about using them and figured we'd give it a try. It was a great way to go! My husband is a complete 'english only' speaker..and had no trouble at the San Salvador airport! The signs,etc were in English, all announcements are done in English and Spanish, & everyone was very helpful too. As far as the actual flights, they were good too. The flight attendants were friendly and helpful, they offered various beverages, (incl. drinks) at numerous intervals, and we had a hot meal on our flight home --no charge. The inflight video entertainment was in English as well. And the most important reason we will take them again is the facts that getting from one flight to the other was fast and easy, their prices are very competitive, AND--(Surprise!)the outgoing (from Belize) fees were SO much cheaper than flying out on a US carrier!!
All in all...we WILL be using TACA again in the future, and recommend them highly. No Fears about going through San Salvador airport at all...went VERY smoothly!!

"Sometimes I go this way, sometimes I go that way-but it's always MY way!" LOL! "Cheshire" in CA
Is that the airline that used to be called TACSA? It is a Mexican based airline that is very subsidized by the government?
We flew them down to Mexico one time with them and when we went through San Jose del Cabo they said they were in a hurry. They had us disembark, I asked to use the restroom in the airport, when I came back, they wanted us to hurry back on board and get in our seats. We were allowed to be around anyone there at the airport, it was our first stop from the US and I believe we should have had to check in with customs or someone. When we got to Guadalajara then, we didn't have to check in with anyone because we were considered a local Mexican flight. On our way home they flew us from Guadalajara to Mexico DF and then cancelled the rest of the flight. We got stranded over Christmas break in Mexico City with no way to get out before we were supposed to be back Monday after the break to open our store. Nice! They were very nice on board, great service, free booze, the works, but what a nightmare! Careful if it's them.

Florist Ferny

Not the same airline. TACA is based out of El Salvador and you don't go anywhere without going through security. I am a huge fan of TACA. Until just recently their prices were always well below any domestic carrier, the service is better, the seats are roomier and the drinks are complimentary. The only thing I've ever found inconvenient was getting to the TACA gate at LAX and that's been moved so it's no longer an issue. I highly reccommend them!

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
P
P
I think you will find the departure fees are the same for all International Departures - some of the taxes are included in flight prices with some airlines, while others are payable at the airport on departure.

The West Coast TACA run via San Salvador is great and I like the overnight/ early morning timing, getting to Belize first thing giving you the whole day on arrival.

M
M
i'm glad to hear that! we're flying TACA from houston to bze tomorrow ...

"You only live once, but if you live right, once is enough."
T
T
There are plenty of reasons why we like TACA, not the least for their better than some customer service. They're aviation pioneers in Central America, and I think, still privately owned. Like most companies, they've got nicknames; they have been called "TAKE A CHANCE AIRLINES". A TACA 737 from Belize City to New Orleans experienced dual flame-out and landed on a levee in 1988. In 1993 a TACA 757 overran the runway at La Aurora. There are a lot of other claims of incidents that were never substantiated. Finally, last May a TACA A-300 overshot the runway at the notorious Toncontin airport in Tegucigalpa killing the pilot, someone on the ground and at least two others. Weather may have been a factor in these accidents. On a lot of routes Grupo Taca is often the best or only choice you have.

I
I
Another TACA fan here. I can take a red-eye from San Francisco through San Salvador (very short lay over) and be on AC before noon.
They have never lost my luggage and I've never been delayed more than an hour.
I do need to listen to announcements a bit closer as they are in Spanish first and English second.

S
S
And they treat you like the passenger was treated about 40 years ago...politely.

P
P
Even you, Jesse?

Good to know. I had heard mostly negative things about TACA before. Last time I checked, the fare from LA was more expensive than other airlines through Houston. I'll keep TACA in in mind for our next visit.

mikeywaz

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 291 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.