Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
debbief Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I'll be arriving on January 1 and wondered if grocery stores are open that day? Since Simon's website indicates they have the day off, I need to do a little shopping . . . .

Thanks for any info - and Happy New Year!

Debbie F.

P
P
I'm sure there will be some open, but many will be closed. Expect just to get what you need till the next day. Will you be in the town area or miles out?

L
L
Monkey Bite's Cafe will be open New Years Day for breakfast and lunch until 3 pm. The lunch special will be chicken fried steak with mashed potato and gravy, fried okra with tomato and garlic and dinner roll. We have also added biscuits and sausage gravy, grits, iced coffee, fried jack with ham and cheese, and yogurt with fresh fruit and granola to the menu.
We have fresh frozen shepherds pie with ground beef and gravy, corn and mashed potato and lasagna bolognese that you can take home and oven bake or microwave.

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
S
S
All taken care of.

D
debbief Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks to everyone for the help! I'll be 3 miles north, Peter, so Simon problem-solved for me and will shop so I don't have to, which is making my vacation special just like he said. I might not be able to resist dashing over to Monkey Bites when I arrive - that menu sounded delicious! And I hadn't thought about drinking my meals on New Year's Day (any other day I don't want to shop) - good suggestion Pugwash.

Thanks again!

Debbie F.

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
P
P
Debbie - also try Beach 'n Kitchen for breakfast & lunch. It's on the road not far from you.

D
debbief Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Oh - glad to hear it's open! When I went past on my last trip it was closed. I heard the stuffed french toast is heavenly . . . !

P
P
Can't be sure it'll be open, but it usually is. Cathy was away for a couple of months in the autumn and that may have been when you visited?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.