Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#317030 01/05/09 09:06 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image] The one and only piece of land in San Pablo reserved for a park now has a "For Sale" sign raising eyebrows all over San Pedro, especially residents of that area who were hoping for a nice park in the near future.

Ambergris Today's reporter has investigated that from the onset of San Pablo's development by Sunset Coves that area measuring 60 feet by 150 feet was reserved as a park because a Maya Mound was found on the land. Since then Patty Arceo, former Area Representative, had a palapa and picnic table built on the land to initiate the development of a park and to stop pilfering of the black and clay pottery that composed the mound.

The "For Sale" sign logically indicates that someone has title to that land which is now for sale. San Pedro's town administrator in the office of the Town Council, Patty Tillet has confirmed to us that the title is definitely not in the name of the San Pedro Town Council and that if there is a title, it is probably in the name of the Government of Belize.

Finally a phone number on the For Sale sign has led us to discover that the land is being offered for sale for the atrocious price of $160,000.00Bz, a price super high when you consider that Sunset Coves originally sold 50 X 90 feet parcels of land for only $1,000. Later Social Security and DFC were selling those lots for $30,000.

Eyebrows remain raised very high as San Pedranos wonder who is selling the land, why is it being sold when it was formally declared a reserve, and who did some hanky panky business in the interest of his own pocket, instead of the residents of San Pedro.

Ambergris Today

Marty #317049 01/05/09 10:29 AM
P
P
Interesting! Back in 2003, I purchased two canal lots from DFC, through my Belizean wife Celeni, in the San Pablo area and also had tried to buy this "park" lot as it wasn't designated a park back then? The sale was halted by the San Pedro Town Board who claimed that the DFC did not own this lot, the SPTB owned it, it was designated as a park, specifically due to the small Mayan mound located in the back corner. I was somewhat disappointed but as it was to be a park for the neighborhood, I was happy! Now, as I drive by every day and see this private For Sale sign, I really hope that this park, which should belong to the people, does not go the way of our park at Mar De Tumba - sold to private interests!! Please SPTB, step in and protect our parks!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.