Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#317225 01/06/09 12:54 AM
OP Offline
Hi All,
I have spent many happy hours on this message board, most often just lurking. The evening of the 26th, the last thing that my husband and I talked about on the phone was that Christmas was over and we could start getting ready for our Spring Break trip to San Pedro. The next day he and a friend died in an early morning boating accident while duck hunting.
He was a wonderful son, father, grandfather, high school principal, former teacher and coach, hunter, farmer, gardener, banjo player, and friend to all who knew him. We had been best friends for 28 and 1/2 years.

This would have been our 6th and longest visit and I had started looking forward to it as soon as the 5th one ended last February. I doubt that I will return to San Pedro without him, even though all of our group is encouraging me to travel with them, because while it is a magical place, for me it is also a place that I especially enjoyed being with Jim and just cannot imagine being there without him. I have many photographs and memories of our times there that I will visit often, I'm sure.

I have met a few message boarders in San Pedro and PM'd with a few here. I feel like I know many of you...especially after tacogirl started her blog and began posting pictures of you! Thanks, Laurie. I also enjoyed the blogs of Boydie, chunkyruth, and the cute girl who works with Boydie whose name escapes me right now. (How can I remember "muppet" and that her mum's name is Cherie and not her name? I'm sorry, muppet.)

This is my first visit to the message board since the 26th and I am sure that I will return but maybe not several times daily as before. There are lots of fond memories here.
Keep writing about our most favorite vacation destination! I will always remember it as magical.
Fondly,
Peggy
Forest, VA

P
P
Just don't know what to say. My deepest sympathies on your loss, and I just hope you can come to terms with it with the passage of time.

My heart goes out to you, Peggy. I am so sorry about your loss.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Nova #317235 01/06/09 08:20 AM
C
C
Peggy....words can't began to express my sympathy. I pray that your sorrow will be lessoned a little bit each day.

Peggy - tears welled up in my eyes and my heart is saddened by your loss. May your memories be your guide through each day.
Your Jim - the WONDERFUL person will certainly be missed by all who knew him.
Bless you.

My heartfelt thoughts go out to his friends family as well.

D
D

Peggy, please accept my condolences. I can only imagine how you feel but I'm sure your Jim would want you to think of him and smile. It's good you let us know. Thanks and I will say a little prayer for all of you.

L
L
Peggy, I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I not only imagine how you feel, but know how you feel, because I have been there. My former husband passed away 4-1/2 years ago, after only 8 years of marriage and 10 years together.

I did go on a planned vacation to San Pedro 1 week after his funeral. The last thing I wanted to do was go at that time, but family and friends pushed me to keep my plans. Oddly enough, it was one of the best times I have had, in a different way and hard to describe. He never had the chance to go there, but I know he would have loved it.

Sympathies to you and your family. Time does heal.

Peggy, you have my deepest sympathy. I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

My deepest sympathy to you and you family.

My deepest sympathy and condolences go out to you and your family. I don't know what I would do in those circumstances: So many memories. My prayers are with you. Maybe the "magic" can ease the pain.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.