Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Belize-N-Us #317423 01/07/09 09:10 AM
A
A
Someone was interested enough to do some research on me. Flattered. (blushing)

Well stop blushing and enlighten those of us who are curious.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
Belize-N-Us #317426 01/07/09 09:19 AM
A
A
While I am thinking on my dump truck adventure and my lonley nights in Texarkana, I thought of this:

Would this scenario have been played out if my child was in the pool, a little clear skin baby rather than a brown skined little boy? Just a thought, no accusations.

What would have happened?

Is this lady responsible for check in, check outs and rooming lists? I thought Villas del Rio had a management company that did this?

Belize-N-Us #317428 01/07/09 09:21 AM
Well...

The real estate people have a lot of time on their hands at the moment so they might be forgiven for spending too much of it on this board. The good Senator needs to get back to work and the
rest of us need to find a new subject. Perhaps you can find one
that involves you personally present at the time it took place!

Belize-N-Us #317432 01/07/09 09:24 AM
sorry to be off topic, but i have met Chris' in-laws, wife, and all of his kids. they were all very friendly, polite, and welcoming. couldn't have been nicer to us "north americans", so no worries about that. we were impressed how well-behaved the young ones are. very nice family. just settin' that record straight.

please continue...

Hammer #317435 01/07/09 09:26 AM
S
S
The Good Senator was at work on HIS radio station on HIS Morning Show, discussing various issues of San Pedro, as he does weekdays. You should listen in. It's available streaming on the internet.

ScubaLdy #317436 01/07/09 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
I witnessed the entire event. This took place here at my condo complex ...
Yes, they were all polite and not too noisy. The owner who lives on the lower level below me came out of her unit and was extremely polite (she is the principle of a school in California and knows how to be diplomatic). I'm not sure if she pointed out the sign that says pool for "condo guest only" and "must have swim wear." She did say the pool was for use by the people renting the units. She failed to say "or bar patrons." She did say if we let everyone come swim there would be no room for us. I did not hear the word 'locals' but I wasn't listening for it.

I have not once addressed the "use of the pool". That is entirely an owner issue. I will take your comment of "Seems to me..." as the response to justify your use of "ugly North American" and the phrase that has yet to be verified, since you have dodged it 3 times now. Are you running for office? (that is intended as humor Chris, not personal)

I will take Scubalady's eye-witness account of what transpired over opinion and just let this go.

And no I did NOT research you, I have the ability to recall an extremely high percentage of what I read. Not sure what you mean by the "Ignorant" part, but considering it is from the same source of the "ugly North American" statement, I'll let it go as well.

Play, Love, Share and Enjoy - it doesn't last forever make sure you get the most out of it.
2Aggies #317438 01/07/09 09:47 AM
A
A
Hammer - go back to sleep or looking out the window or whatever it is you were doing. I am having fun with this before I shoot up the coast in the speed boat. What an awesome day it is today, I am so thankful for being here.

"....did not hear the word locals but wasn't LISTNENING...." So what you are saying is, you will take her eye (not ear) witness account that she states she is not sure what she said, but will not take the word of a Senior Justice of the Peace?

They sure teach em' to be objective at T A&M.

Yes, her statement, verified personally, was and is f'in ugly mate. What's in the heart comes out through the mouth - a universal truth. If there was no ill intention (which is what I think) than I will write it off to ignorance.

It's one to grow on.

Now you're starting to get it! Senior Senator and Musa was what?

Senior Senator, Prime Minister, they are also able to make mistakes. Enjoy your boat ride.

Hammer #317442 01/07/09 10:19 AM
I have read these posts with a lot of restraint. There is so much misinformation it is hard to know what is important and what is not.

For the record I am an owner here and the only one out of ten who live here.
No one has talked to me about the use of the pool. I would be interested to know who the "two owners" are.

There is NO management Company - we have a home owners association.
We have a Maintenance Management team (who are wonderful) that takes care of the grounds. They are also hired by some of the homeowners to rent out their units.
The woman who asked the boys to leave the pool is an owner and the wife of one of the three directors.
There was not one boy in the pool there were four. At least one if not two was in street clothes.
Eiden and his wife had been bar patrons while the boys played around the pool.
I was told (did not hear directly) that Eiden had asked the bartender if they could swim. The bartender said "only bar patrons - not the boys."
For some reason the bar tender left.
At that point Eiden and his wife went around to the lounge chairs beside the pool. When he moved over to the edge of the pool and dangled his feet in the water the boys started swimming. So Eiden did this knowing the limitations set by the bar.

I already reported what I heard and will not restate it. There was nothing hostile about it.

This woman has a lot of local kids that come to visit her - to label someone as racist is a hurtful and hateful thing to do.
I like Eiden - except when, on the morning show, he goes off on a tangent speaking Spanish which I can't understand.

This topic has gotten blown way out of proportion and I think it needs to be put to bed.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 285 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.