Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#317156 01/05/09 06:42 PM
OP Offline
La Perla del Caribe is offering 50% off between now and Feb. 7? Are things really that bad?

--Lan Sluder

A
A
You know what happens when you assume Lan? Of course you do as you are called on it here daily in all the local circles.

Things are actually good up at La Perla, just trying to fill some holes in the reservation chart.

If you had your ear to the ground you would know people are no longer looking to lock in far advanced bookings for fears of rising rates but searching for last minute deals on flights and accomodations. Gotta capitalize every way you can these days.

But hey, I know it's hard for you to keep up at your age. Consider it one to grow on old boy and enjoy the sunset of your life in dignity. Hopefully La Perla will make enough to advertise in one of those books you push.

Go Team Belize!

Ciao,

OP Offline
Thanks, Chris, you're a prince.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
OP Offline
Just checking La Perla's web site reservation system, of the 12 units at La Perla between 7 and 9 units (58 to 75%) were showing as available for all weekly periods between now and mid-February.

That's nothing against La Perla, which is a beautiful property, but it does suggest that in the high season when a top property like this is only around 25 to 42% booked, that things are pretty slow, at least at the high end.

--Lan Sluder

A
A
Thanks for checking out the site. We are experimenting with this new booking engine feature. You should try it out Lan it would do you good to pay for a room now and then, in a top of the line place like you say. Tell me how well it works.

Do you have anything beneficial to add to the various industry stakeholders from within your infinite storage of knowledge?

Or are you just lonely and living out an old Hardy Boys fantasy (or was it Nancy Drew)?

See you in your villa Lan.

Now now. That won't help anyone. Things are very slow and everyone is offering big sales or value added items even in high season - VH, Cayo Espanto, you name it. No one is just sitting back and waiting for guests to pound down the doors. Lan has probably done more to get the word out about Belize in the last 20 years than anyone else on the planet. No need to bash him. We're all hurting.

Barbara K #317568 01/07/09 05:45 PM
ouch. easy chris. Lan does mighty good work. i'd want to be on his good side.

:>

Marty #317738 01/08/09 04:55 PM
A
A
Misery loves company, but I'm not having it. I am a happy guy and don't dwell on negatives like Lan, sorry. I'll try to keep avoiding his ALWAYS negative comments on Belize and the tourism industry.

Sorry man I get a little defensive about Belize and put my dukes up when I hear comments like above that offer nothing to help the situation before us.

Now you know how all of the Americans felt when you were the "time share salesman formerly known as SIN".
See you next month for a cold one.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 364 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.