Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31868 11/27/00 01:08 PM
S
Sonya Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I am traveling to Belize in January for 2 weeks. We are very excited and anxious to explore a new area and want to make this a romantic getaway. We will be spending 5 nights in the jungle at 5 Sisters and planned on spending the remaining time in AC. However, we have been reading up on Placenia and have decided to fly down there 1st. Would you recommend spending the entire week there and missing AC or should we spend 3/4 days in the South and our remaining 3 days in AC? Will we be missing alot if we pass on AC? Is 3/4 days in Placenia enough time? Would we be bored if we stayed an entire week? I am not a diver but my partner is. Also, in Placenia we are thinking of staying at the Green Parrot OR Turtle Inn. Any advise on these accomodations or others?
Thanks so much for all responses!!!!
(P.S. This message also posted on "other" message board)

#31869 11/27/00 10:05 PM
rick and i went to Placencia our 2nd or 3rd trip {who counts?}it is WAY MORE laid back than ac. very, very quiet. in my opinion, you would miss out a great deal by not going and spending time in San Pedro,ac. We stayed 2 nights and it was more than enough for us. Atleast on ac, if you wanted to "getaway" you could, or be with some very colorful characters...u can email us direct at [email protected]

#31870 11/28/00 12:13 AM
C
C
I agree, my husband and I went to Placencia a few years ago. Very, very quiet. I am glad that we visited, but give me AC and San Pedro! I wouldn't miss it if I were you. Carole

Carole
#31871 11/29/00 09:17 PM
L
L
"Ditto".......San Pedro will be more fun and there are more interesting people! We found the beaches were more 'unkept' in Placentia and the noseeums/sand fleas were terrible. You will find the people in San Pedro very friendly and it has some of the best eating places in Central America. Hope your trip is all you expect it to be!

#31872 11/29/00 11:01 PM
I would suggest splitting it up and spending part of the time in Placencia and part in SP. Culturally, they are very different. Placencia is much more laid back than SP is now - just a sleepy little fishing village but has the interesting mix of the garifuna culture with it's dancing/drumming. I would recommend Green Parrot - delightful individual beach houses on a nice stretch of beach. Great little cayes to explore off the shore. Are you going to 5 Sisters first then the beach areas? Probably a good arrangement would be SP first, then 5 sisters, then Placencia - getting more and more laid back the whole way! Write if I can be of any help.
www.barbsbelize.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 266 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.