Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
A
Who cares what it costs? It is a gift to protect Belize waters and citizens.

S
S
Amanda's right... it's a Nautica rigid inflatable catamaran-hull with arguably every dealer option and after market option known. US Coast guard, military, fire-dept, police, etc have along history of use of rigid inflatables as they can handle the worst of conditions. Sweet boat, hopefully it serves BZE for years to come.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]
On Tuesday, January 13, a small handover ceremony was held at the Central Park, where Dr. John McAfee handed over a boat to the Belize National Coast Guard.

R. Adm. Cedric Borland gave a few remarks, where he expressed his sincere gratitude to those present at the event and especially to Mr. McAfee. He continued by saying that this vessel will be of great use since they will be able to execute operations in a faster and more diligent way. With all the equipment the boat has it will help them carry night searches and rescue mission, patrol missions and beach landing operations. The vessel will be mostly used to patrol San Pedro, Caye Caulker and the Reef/Atolls.

"I have been coming to Belize for more than 27 years and finally last month I received my legal residency," stated Dr. John McAfee. "I felt that it was my obligation to give back to this wonderful island which I now call home, and this boat is my pride and joy and I'm glad to hand it over for good use".

Mr. McAfee ended by saying that he encourages expatriates and Belizeans to give back to our country in every way we can to make it a better one.

CEO, General Loyd Gillett assured Mr. McAfee that the vessel would be put to good use and, that with his donation, he is helping fight the criminal network, since they will be able to operate with much ease in hot pursuits, beach landing and maritime safety.

In appreciation to the donation Adm. Cedric Borland handed a plaque to Mr. McAfee after which he was presented with the keys to the boat. The ceremony ended with the vote of thanks which was delivered by Lt. Cdr. Johnnie Borland.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ambergris Today

D
D
I have seen this type of vessel in use, very impressive.
They are swift and agile, and highly versitile.
This fully equipt model will be a tremendous asset to the Coast Guard.

I'm sorry I missed the hand off ceremony.

I'm confused. One picture shows two motors and the other one shows four.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
The 2nd photo is 2 boats with 2 engines each - they are other Coast Guard Vessels.

S
S
I am new to this site. Hello everyone! But, maybe for tax reasons, it IS a 1 million $ boat?

E
E
Kudos to Mr. McAffee. I don't use his products but applaud his spirit of philanthropy. A lot of rich folks just use and leave.

God Bless The Reef!
S
S
And kudos to you, thats a very good point

I don't think you can get a tax write off in the US for anything donated outside of the US. Some wealthy people are just good people.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 309 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.