Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#320272 01/24/09 05:26 PM
OP Offline
Ok, I know this has been asked 1000 times!!! We want to rent a car in Belize City for a few days and wondered who you have used in the past? Any bad experiences? We have never done this before and I am counting on you guys for some advice!!!

Thanks to all of you smile

B
B
Hey, I was just checking out a hertz dealer, and an avis, the hertz dealer had cool suvs & 4x4 pick ups from $95 up to $115. I think it was Hertz/safari car rental. I would say check avis but they're closed on sunday, kind of makes it hard to return a car if your leaving on sunday's?...Good luck...Oh, you might want to check, belizetransfers.com too

i've used Crystal twice, no problem. they are located across the road from international airport.

http://www.crystal-belize.com/

i strongly suggest a 4x4. you might not need it, but ya never know.

Over the past 18 years, I've had good experiences with Budget, Avis and Crystal, among others. In fact, I've rarely had a bad experience with any rental company.

On the Sunday closings, most agencies will arrange to be open on Sunday if you schedule your pick up or drop off it in advance, or in the case of companies with locations at the international airport and in Belize City, one is usually open, and the company will take you to the other location (or other destination in the area) if necessary.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
OP Offline
Thanks everyone, as for the Sunday thing, it won't be a probem since we are going to pick up on a Thursday and return on a Monday and then on to AC!! Can't wait to be warm again!!

N
N
We used Crystal last May with no problems.

OP Offline
Ok, how about the best rate?? They seem to be about the same but has anyone gotten any good deals?!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (dabunk), 276 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.