Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32046 12/04/00 09:30 PM
K
KWood Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I am writing an article on San Pedro for a travel website and would really appreciate the latest hurricane update info, including

curfew/electricty?
business still closed?
dive shops open?
hurricane discounts?

The article will center on AC, but since most will fly into Belize City, are things back to 100? 80? percent there?

Any info will be most appreciated. Also, I will put contact info about relief fund if someone could provide the address.

Thanks

Kerri

the islands are doing fantastic!!!curfew lifted, electricity is good, maybe 90%...would say both islands are 90-100%. they did a fantastic job! we were there oct.28, and things were already looking good after such a natural disater.

D
D
The best way to write an article on a place is to visit it. How could you really know a situation authoratativly without a first hand view? Come see us, then write about us.

B
B
Kerri,

Belize City was never REALLY AFFECTED.
AC is fine now. Any article you write should in no way discourage people from going. Virtually all the main hotels & resorts are back up.
The town is close to 100% (the parts that aren't tourists rarely see anyway).
Full facilities - and the people are friendlier then ever.

BTW- my life and income is not determined by AC tourism

Just be damn sure if you are going to write an article, and you are not there, you get it right!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that there were "hurricane discounts"--
but on principle - one should decline them!!!

Might want to check current and back issues of the san pedro sun: http://SanPedroSun.net , lots of into and details there and on this board....

basically, everything is great open, a little less vegetation, but come on down, the waters great....

LB Offline
I agree with the above messages. I live in San Pedro, was here for Keith and the aftermath. Hotels, restaurants, gift shops, dive shops and snorkle tours are open for business. We have tourists arriving daily and having a great time. Just said goodbye today to visitors from the Arctic Circle! But you do need to visit to write a real report. Come on down, we'd love to see you!

Lacy
Caribe Island Resort

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 334 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.