Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#32090 12/05/00 10:00 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I will be traveling to Belize and I was wondering what the Basil Jones area of the island is like.

Also, any info and prices on available 1-2 bedroom condos near San Pedro would be great.

I think the Basil Jones area is the prettiest part of the island.The isolated beaches are wide with lots of palm trees.The water is very clear and the reef is close to shore.Best of all no boat traffic.All you hear up there is the wind in the palms and the surf crashing on the reef.Good fishing, snorkling and beach combing.Check out www.belizebreeze.com for a good history of the Basil Jones area.In case you are wondering I own property up there so I spend most of my time there.It's isolated but that's what makes it special.Basil Jones area takes about a 40 minute boat ride to get there but worth the trip.
Enjoy...........

[This message has been edited by SEAWINGS (edited 12-05-2000).]

Seawings is right!....hey there Sea! [Linked Image]

There are some pictures of the area in this photo album:
http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4294258449

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks Seawings. Tell me, what is the night life like in or around Basil Jones? Is it safe and easy to get transportation to and from San Pedro? Tell me more please!!

Night Life??Just the stars and the critters.At this time there is no resort up there.Just a few homes.Late this month we will be staying at Casa Caribe which is several miles to the south.So we will just walk up to our property and spend the day.If you want to charter a boat to visit there from town may cost you $50 US.
Hi,Sandshaker!!See you Dec. 30.

Great pic's of the construction! Doesn't look like the storm had much affect on the plant life. Didn't get the opportunity to visit that far north on the Island last summer, but plan to do so this June. Will have to check in with you prior to the trip.
Richard

People are really buying this? At these prices?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
My property is a mile or so north from the Basil Jones Resort.Can't see it from my beach.The Basil Jones area covers several miles.The area I'm in is still very undeveloped.Check it out ............

M
OP Offline
M
ScubaLdy - Thanks for the insight --What prices are you refering to??

Is it hard to get to San Pedro from Basil Jones, & what is the preferred means of transportation?

I am interested in the Basil Jones Resort, but I also want to enjoy other parts of the island. Any suggestions??

Boat is the ONLY means to get to the Basil Jones area from San Pedro.A 40 min senic boat ride for around $50 US.Basil Jones area is about 13 miles north of town.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.