Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Today's question:

Q&A of the Day

Traveling with Liquid & Gel Medications exceeding 3 ounces

Q. So, I have a "friend" who recently spent a long weekend in Belize after finding one of those $160 round-trip tickets through Airfarewatchdog late last fall. This friend, who -full disclosure - works at Airfarewatchdog, and happens to love dogs, foolishly posed for a pic alongside a scrappy scabby beach dog. What was my friend thinking? I'm not sure! But after contracting ringworm (in his beard! Eww) my friend has learned his lesson. Now my friend has been prescribed a massive tube of cream that most certainly exceeds 3 ounces. Is this something the TSA will allow in his carry-on for an upcoming flight? Or will my friend have to check it? Should he ask the doctor for tiny sample size tubes?

Don't really care about the answer, but speaking as someone who has spent plenty of time with the local dog population... ewwww....

3 ounces is 90 grams, and although it may look huge I doubt it's larger than 90 grams. Which antifungal cream is it? Most are available over the counter now. If it's actually an Rx item and he has refills, he can request a smaller tube from the pharmacy.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
I just had an 8oz tube of toothpaste confiscated in Toronto.

Reality..What a concept!
N
N
I think perscriptions are exempt from the 3oz rule. If the 'script has the lable from the pharmacy on it. Or if it is a tube it needs to be in the box it cam in.

P
P
Originally Posted by papashine
I just had an 8oz tube of toothpaste confiscated in Toronto.

At least the TSA people there won't have any excuse not to have gleaming white smiles.

Yeah, I can never understand why my 8oz packages of liquids and gels are confiscated. When did this start? Well, I'm just going to keep doing it and see what happens. It's fun to f-ck with the TSA people. Makes the security line stop dead too. Good times, good times.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
Nancy is right. Prescriptions are exempt from the 3 oz, Just put them in another zip lock along with the prescription and it should be no problem. The TSA web site describes the procedure.
Good to know about local dogs. I also play with them every time.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
The Canadian system is Metric, I believe the legal amount allowed was 80 grams, The customs canuck who was born after Canada went onto the metric system didn"t have a clue what an ounce was. I bought the toothpaste in the states, the toothpaste was 8 ounces, The line behind me was at this point quite long, after making sure that the customs canuck was completely baffled by how many grams are in an ounce [much to my fellow pax's relief] I admitted my guilt and left it on his counter.

Reality..What a concept!
I must admit, every time I'm flying here, and someone brings the security line to a dead standstill because they are shocked, shocked that their 8oz tube of toothpaste that the store had to special order for them since the biggest size they normally sell is 6oz and hardly anyone buys that one either since it's a foot long, I ask myself if that isn't one of those ambergriscaye.com moro...I mean folks.

I've had peanutbutter confiscated (is that a gel or a liquid??), had to give up a lipstick - after it was specifically put on the "allowed" list, and had the always pleasant conversation about whether I could carry on prescription cough syrup; but the 2 or 3 butane lighters and purse-sized aerosol can of hairspray in my purse make it through every time. So, of course, I beg to differ as to who gets to stand in the moron line... smirk

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 266 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.