Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Thanks for all that replied with sightings it was really helpful - it gave me the idea that she might be staying in the area, and indeed, I found her just a couple houses down from Saga, with the kind help of once of the construction workers on the corner of the Saga location who saw her this AM and flagged me down to say so. She is back at the Vet's getting the medical attention she needed - thanks again!

Keepin'ItReel FishingTours&More AlbertoTrejo 6255373
6709986 reelitinbelize@yahoo.com
A C Offline
smile

AC

Thank goodness Thank goodness!!! I have been thinking about her all weekend.

I have some treats for her wink and some vitamins too!!

Great news!!!!!!!!!! I am very happy to hear she is safe and sound and getting the medical care she needs. I love a happy ending! grin

love like you've never been hurt, work like you don't need the money,dance like no one is watching
That's wonderful.

I had a thought to help prevent this in the future since this is not the first time a dog has "escaped" SAGA. I am not sure how an animal under someone's care/supervision escapes but it is important we address the issue and come up with a solution.

Why not put a fence at the entry to close off the rest of that front entry. There could be an entrance in the same location there is now with a sign that instructs to close the gate when you enter. I don't think an animal could "escape" that way.

When my puppy named Kitty was six months old I made the appointment and took her in to be spayed. A couple of hours later my daughter found me and she was very upset. Seems Kitty had some how escaped not only from her kennel but out the door and gone! Many people had spent at least an hour searching for her before they came and told me. I simply said "I'm sure she went home." No one would believe me as I live across the bridge. Sure enough - there she sat at the top of my stairs soaking wet - either from
sweat or the river. Fortunately she escaped before her surgery. I now wonder how many others have done this. Yes, get a gate.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
I am so very happy she found her way home. But the fact that animals can escape puzzles me. When they are under the care of a humane society/vet there should not be multiple situations.

Glad you agree. Get a gate-simple.

G
G
SAGA would love to be able to do all the upgrades and repairs/renovations suggested by people, needed and wanted. SAGA is operated strictly by the donations and fundraisers so money is tight and so is space. I'm sure if somebody/somebodies would donate materials and labor, some of the suggestions here could be implemented. 'get a gate - simple' just isn't that simple! I'm not belittling the escape artists, but some of our furry friends don't want to be there - especially when their human leaves!

Terrific! Thanks for the idea. Labor to install a fence is minimal. If anyone works with Saga and knows the dimensions that would need to be gated or would know the cost to get the gate let me know! I will be happy to look into it and perhaps contribute and/or fundraise

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.