Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#322069 02/02/09 11:00 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Love the Green Forum! Great tips...
Mine is White Distilled Vinegar...White distilled vinegar is a popular household cleanser, effective for killing most mold, bacteria, and germs, due to its level of acidity. Cleaning with white distilled vinegar is a smart way to avoid using harsh chemicals. You'll also be glad to know that it is environmentally friendly and very economical.
I use it religiously in my kitchen, bath and throughout my home.
I keep a spray bottle with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of vinegar/water in my kitchen...i use it for cleaning my counters, cutting boards, everything. I add two cap fulls to every dish bath.
I also have a bottle in my bath, with several drops of tea tree oil and lavender (mostly for aroma)it reduces the vinegar aroma...i spray my shower walls and bathroom walls. The tea tree oil and vinegar kill mold and bacteria.
I also use this combo to give my household walls a clean up after moist rainy days...keeps my allergies in check from the sandy dust and mold.
http://www.vinegartips.com Vinegar Rocks!
I prefer Rice Wine Vinegar for cooking, it's mild,not very acidic or sour, so it makes great vinaigrette's without the bite! $4.25 a bottle at SuperBuy

sunshinesweetleo
A teaspoons or two in your dogs water will help with the fleas!

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love Truly, Laugh uncontrollably.
P
P
1/2 cup once a week flushed down the toilet keeps down the bacteria that emits an odor and keeps the good ones.

P
P
IMO the best tasting vinegar is malt vinegar made from beer. Rarely available in Belize or at any rate San Pedro, for some inexplicable reason.

R
R
Ah vinegar, I'll have some tomorrow night on my fish & chips. Red wine vinegar or malt I like but most any will do. Also use it on cabbage and spinach. Balsamic is not my favorite. Life would be less without vinegar.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
Favorite treat as a kid... a big bowl of iceberg lettuce sprinkled with white vinegar and a bit of sugar. Yumm!

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Nova #326819 03/05/09 03:43 PM
relieves the itch of pica pica as well

Reality..What a concept!
P
P
I am growing chives to make chive flower vinegar. It so yummy straight on lettuce. (which I also grow)

S
S
Here on Ambergris Caye?

P
P
Yes, I have tons of herbs, lettuce, cucumber, green beans, tomato, and a couple types of peppers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.