Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#323282 02/10/09 03:17 PM
N
OP Offline
N
I will be carrying a laptop with a external hard drive for someone in SP, along with my Canon 40D and a couple of lenses (packed into a small camera back pack) down to SP soon. I bought a soft sided, carry on size bag with wheels to put the equipment in. Am I going to be able to carry that on with me on Tropic Air?

Or could they refuse to let me do that at Belize air port? Or is it one of those "If it fits on your lap it's OK"?

I know Frank had a carry on size leather bag and sat in the co-pilot seat with the bag in his lap.

If yo don't check it, they will more than likely take it from you and put it in the cargo hold as you are boarding and give it you back as you get off the plane, or at least that's what they have done for me when I have flown in the right hand seat.

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
N
OP Offline
N
They didn't say anything to Frank. Maybe the hold was full.
I am just afraid they will make me check it at Belize and it won't make it to SP. Or the LP or camera will get broken in the hold. Or when they take it off. Thier somethimes none too gentle with the luggage.

My bag is just a med. size backpack with wheels.

My experience with carry on is that they let me take it aboard then they take it and put it just inside the door. I've never had a problem and always carry laptop and cameras in back pack.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
S
S
Nancy: Tell the baggage guys of your concerns. They will make you happy. Nice people.

S
S
My experience is that Tropic is usually very accommodating and allow a carry-on and another bag (large purse or backpack) unless the flight is full. My last trip back (Feb 1st) it was full, so I did have to check my carry-on, so I just pulled out my laptop and camera so it wouldn't get banged up.

Another thing you have to watch is any duty free liquids that you might have on your person. It can't go through security, so you may need to save a little room in your checked bags for that...

N
OP Offline
N
Thanks all. I am sure I'm worried about nothing. It's just that the lap top and doo hickies to go with it and a couple of small cameras are for someone else. I'd feel terriable if something got stolen or broken.

Before I offered to bring the other person's stuff down I had already decided to just bring the bare minimum this time. Good thing! LOL I am happy to help people out though.

SnoopysMom, not to worry there. We buy our "duty free liquids" ;-) on St. Croix. LOL Mo' betta rum but that's just our HO.

I can promise Tropic will take care of you.......

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.