Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
wilske Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Has anyone had experience getting a large item from Canada to Belize? I have a very nice Kayak that I would like to bring down to stay now that we have a condo here. It's 14'6"x33" and weighs about 70lbs.

Truck it down to Miami and then have it shipped down, I have no idea how much it will cost though.

Reality..What a concept!
I would definitely check shipping prices, duty charges, and then shipping charges to San Pedro..... then see what you can buy one for here. There are occasionally some available that are used, but you can also buy new ones.

Most times I find that buying here is about the same cost as shipping a large/heavy item from the US/Canada, then paying the expenses on it.

Change your Latitude
Hon Offline
SkyService, out of Toronto, will transport a kayak as 'Sporting Goods' for $100CA. I'm not sure if that's one way or return. If you can find someone to bring it for you, you may have to pay $200CA but I'm guessing that's not too high a price to pay considering what other methods of shipping may cost.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
St Bernards are large items but thats kinda different I guess since your kayak doesn't need a rabies shots and health certificates to travel wink
*sorry its 5:20 am - Ive been up all night and my brain is kinda all over lol*

If we give Peas a chance won't the Lima Beans feel left out ?
W
wilske Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks for the info everyone, I have about 8 months to get it there so will check into a couple of the ideas! Perhaps I can get a dog sled team LOL

I agree check with airlines - they told me a kayak was ok but a massage table was not so you may get lucky.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

C
C
Tacogirl, I saw that they had portable massage tables at Sam's Club in Chetumal Mexico. I can't remember the price exactly, but I think it was around $400 U.S.

Thanks for the tip Ccc actually managed to find one from Mexico that someone was selling here for a decent price. That puts of having to decide what to do with ours in Canada a while longer.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.