Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#323859 02/15/09 08:33 AM
reaper Offline OP
OP Offline
The jumper in our group was NOT mugged, held up at knife point or any other type of thing. He was robbed, yes.
I don't want to go in to details but:
He was hanging out with troublemakers,
Got very drunk,
Acted stupid,
Had his wallet lifted.
The San Pedro Police were VERY efficient in their response.
Case closed.

thanks for setting the facts straight, reaper.

i've always told my kids that if you LOOK for trouble, you'll probably find it.

P
P
A good lesson in why it is not appropriate to use this board to spread gossip. Thanks for clearing that up

Actually they were, but not in the traditional manner. There was a brief appearance by Friends of the Humane Society, who 'mugged' the lovely people attending the drinks reception last night. I am pleased to announce that they generously donated $500 to FOTHS and I thank them for their big hearts on behalf of the dogs and cats of San Pedro.

Special thanks to Capt Jeff, Dita, Ed and Islennutt for assisting in this awful crime.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

P
P
Very nice

thank you for clearing that up. Good to know.

Still unfortunate he was robbed. When on vacation you don't always know who the trouble makers are and sounds like he was just having a good time. Still no one deserves to be robbed regardless.

I was also robbed on my last trip down. Was walking past Calientes on my way to Tacklebox at around 8 pm. Young man walking past me, grabbed my purse and ran. I wasn't hurt and he didn't get much except my favorite travel purse.

Regardless, I'm left feeling . . . well . . .knowing these things can happen is one thing, having them happen to you is another.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

J
J
I am a belizean myself I live in Cali, my suggestion is a pouch.I know us ladies enjoy our purses but it sure works out for me with a pouch take as little as possible.

My Suggestion is a Machete a BIG one !!

S
S
Years ago (in Atlanta) I had my purse stolen so many times (usually the purse costs much more than any contents inside), I switched to cheap (I called them "disposable") purses - and started keeping cash/ cards in another location (pocket, shoe, bra). Straps that crisscross the body and making a LOT of noise also helps...

Lastly, I agree with 2miles - a big Machete is a handy tool as well (rob me at your own risk) smile

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.