Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#324445 02/19/09 04:35 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Hi, My fiance' and I are getting married and going to Belize for our honeymoon. We will be away for New Year's and I just wanted to know if any of the nightclubs have any big parties for the holiday like they do here in New York. We are looking for a place which has options to go out and dance as well as just relax and do romantic things.
Thanks,

New Years is lots of fun - many places have specific parties to ring in the new year like Playa Lounge and front street is like a big party they do fireworks every year. Holiday Hotel and other places have dancing well into the evening.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Every bar has a specific New Year's party going on. You'll find them all busy. Playa is a super place.

And after you have finished in Playa, BCs, Holiday or wherever you decide you can then go along to the Lions Den to party with the local Belizians, it was just finishing about 10am on New Years Day this year.
We also live in Manhattan, nightlife in San Pedro is very different from that in San Pedro...at least that's what our teenage daughters tell us. We gave up on the nightclub/disco scene back in the 70s

Colin, Marianne & Sophie the Dog
www.mrptny.com
Great advise! If you're looking for an all nighter end your night by heading to Lions Den around 6am. You'll enjoy your time there.

C
OP Offline
C
So, we were thinking of staying in Ambergris Caye, any suggestions, we love the idea of the casita by the ocean. Also, what about Big Daddy's, Jaguar Temple and Sharks Bar for NYE Parties?

You'll need to stay on Ambergris Caye to access any of these locations during the night time. All of the bars/clubs you mentioned are within 2 minutes apart walking (Sharks Bar has been Tacklebox now for years)

What's your budget for Casitas so people can list recommendations?

C
OP Offline
C
about $300 a night, its our honeymoon, so we are not sparing any expense. I looked into Ramon's village, matachica, and Captain Morgan's. What do you recommend, any of those?

My wife and i stayed at Cocotal for our honeymoon this past September, about 2 miles north of the bridge. Great little place, very friendly and helpful staff, nice pool, honor bar only, though. That was no big deal in our book. We stayed in the beachfront cabana, prices were very reasonable, and it was very comfortable. Right down the beach from Captain Morgan's, right next door to White Sands Cove (which I am told has a bar and restaurant, but they were closed when we were there). It's less of a resort, but it's also smaller and affords you a bit more privacy, especially if you stay in the beachfront cabana. it is north of town, though, so if you're looking for nightlife every night, you might want to consider staying either in town or just south of town. Water taxi rides each way can add up quick.

"Neutrality, at times, is a greater sin than belligerence" - Brandeis
In my opinion for that kind of budget there is nothing that will top Victoria House. There are some resorts on the north side of the island which are very nice, but then you won't have the option of going back and forth late at night since the vast majority of restaurants/nightclubs are in town.

All of the rooms at Victoria House are beautiful and there are some private casitas available as well. They are known for excellent service and have one of the finest restaurants on the island. Check out their website and congratulations!!

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 332 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.