Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
collyk Offline OP
OP Offline
Looking for a bargain? Looking for a great place to hang out on a quiet Sunday morning? Want to help the animals of San Pedro?

Friends of the Humane Society (FOTHS) will be holding a Sunday Market on the 22nd in Central Park. Admission is $1, which includes a free raffle ticket. Raffle prizes will be really fabulous as always.

There will be new and second hand goods, food, drinks and much merriment. The SAGA vet will be there to tell you about the wonderful work they do and you may even get the chance to meet puppies and kittens.

Please come along, get a bargain and show your support.

If you would like more information or would like to rent a table, pop into Lime, opposite Tropic Air.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

collyk Offline OP
OP Offline
bumpety bump bump

www.conchcreative.com

S
S
Collyk - Is there a distinction between SAGA and Friends of animals relative to the use of the funds raised?

(Sorry if this has been covered already, but with the most recent announcement of the poisoning, it might be important...)
-Jean

collyk Offline OP
OP Offline
Good question Snoopys Mom.

Friends of the Humane Society (FOTHS) was set up to raise money for rebuilding projects, which are urgently needed by SAGA. All funds raised by FOTHS will be allocated to SAGA for these purposes. SAGA is overwhelmed with work and cannot cope with any more than just keeping themselves ticking over. FOTHS can gain volunteers, who cannot cope with volunteering at a humane society and keep things rolling with lots of exciting and positive fund raising events.

I do not represent FOTHS or SAGA although I am a volunteer.

SAGA is trying to work with the Town Council and is collecting sick and abandoned animals. They urgently need volunteers to do this. It isn't a pretty job, but while everyone is saying how much they despise the poisoning, I'm not seeing a line of volunteers at SAGA to help. They need people who really care to bring golf carts, pick up obviously stray dogs and bring them to them for assessment. Those that are sick or unadoptable will be hunanely euthanased.

SAGA spays and neuters any animal brought and will do so for free. SAGA also spays and neuters the animals they rehome.

Please remember that the day to day operations of SAGA is gruelling for those who work there. It is a thankless task with lots of people telling them how they think they should be doing things, but not offering any practical assistance.

Every dog that a volunteer picks up will be one that can be saved from poisoning. Don't just drive by with your golf cart. It only takes a few minutes to drop the dog off at SAGA.

But if you can't do this, come to the Sunday Market tomorrow at 8am and spend money!

Last edited by collyk; 02/21/09 10:48 AM.

www.conchcreative.com

Ok...thanks to Inpub I have been loaned a large pot and will be cooking up some goodies to donate to the bake-sale. I was told to drop the fudge off at the Lime but I think it will be closed before I finish baking tonight....so where/when should I take it to if that happens ?

If we give Peas a chance won't the Lima Beans feel left out ?
P
P
Bring it to me and I'll look after it grin

so is that the looking after that gets it to the table it will be sold at ? Or the looking after that has you sit contentedly back going "hmmmm yum that was some really good fudge" wink lol

I am sure you could take it right to the sale tomorrow Monel.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

thanks TG - any idea what kind of time things get swinging down there ? (Sunday morning and I usually dont see each other much so knowing the time = incentive to get up lol)

just read starts 8am. get out there for fun, food, & a good cause. BUMP!!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.