Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#325211 02/24/09 08:06 PM
OP Offline
I recently met someone who came down from Houston and said that he had to pay $.75 usd when he went through the security area to catch his Tropic Flight to San Pedro.

He only had a $20 usd bill and was informed he would have to go the ATM and get change.

When he complained, the woman relented and gave him change from a "big stack of U.S. bills." His quote, not mine.

This is the first I've heard of this and wondered if this was a onetime occurance or do we now have some new fee.

I have no reason to believe he would make up such a story.

True. However I think they've been charging this for some time.

I have come and gone recently. all my fees were paid when I went out of BZ on this past Monday flying US Air.
when I left almost 2 months ago I paid only like 15 per ticket. Each airline is different it seems

I have NEVER been asked to pay anything when going to get on a tropic flight only the leaving BZ from Belize City.
mary

mary
OP Offline
Mary -

That's the issue. I'm not talking about Internatinal connections, simply "in country" connections.

We, too, flew back in December and we're not charged. I was just inquiring if this is a new fee.

Anybody?

I few in last week the 16th
then I had to fly into BZ city on the 19th for a meeting
never asked for any fees to fly to SP from BZ City.
Mary

mary
The 75 US cents/BZ$1.50 domestic security fee has been in effect for many years. Normally I think it's included in the ticket charge, as I've flown dozens of internal flights and never had to pay it separately ... but then when flying out of Belize City domestically I almost always fly from municipal, not international.

--Lan Sluder

Last edited by Lan Sluder/Belize First; 02/24/09 09:48 PM.
never had to pay it on continental, but on american...yes

Kerry, Again, the discussion is about DOMESTIC fees, not international departure fees, which from BZE now total almost US$40.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
sorry lan

Yep - I was reminded about the domestic fee as I enter security to check in for my Maya flight to AC. I gave them a US $1 bill and was given back a US quarter. Usually, I pay this all at once when purchasing an Island fare - it was separate this time.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.