Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
S
Not all of us are so toughened up Natalie!

K
K
I was gonna ask about the road North towards the Blue Dolphin (for those of us that have not been there)because that is where we will be staying. But I see Natalie said not so bad. How rainy is it in late April?

Ty ~ Kat

'not so bad' is EXTREMELY relative, esp if you;ve never been there. please, they use the term 'road' very loosely from palapa bar north. it is crazy bumpy.

Originally Posted by natalie p
I went to Blue Dolphin today, about 4 miles north. It was bumpy but no problem getting thru.Rain would change that though.

I never said 'not so bad'. It is very bumpy, but passable unless it rains. To me, living here, if you can make it thru without getting stuck---it's good.I would not choose to travel that way if it was a regular thing. Too hard on the golf cart and the back.

This may seem like a dumb question, but for those who live north of the bridge, why not get one of the 'beefed up' gas golf carts that people use as extremely capable off-road vehicles out in the desert in CA every weekend? Is it an initial cost issue? Maintenance? Getting it to the island? I would think that a very reliable form of transportation, made for situations just like this, would be worth the extra cost over the unsuspended, bone-rattlers of golf carts I saw when I was there.

Just a question / thought / suggestion. I know they're not cheap, but to have reliable transportation, to me, especially if I lived farther north than the Palapa Bar, would be worth the cost. (if it was allowed)

"Neutrality, at times, is a greater sin than belligerence" - Brandeis

"Neutrality, at times, is a greater sin than belligerence" - Brandeis
P
P
Because many people north of the bridge, have no problems walking, taking the water taxi or riding a bike. Lets make it just like the "dying" CA desert because of these souped up ATVs. Lets leave SP/AC the way it is.

P
P
Must be at least 100 of them here already and most are North of the River.

Those rhinos, mules etc cost between $30 - 45K Bz. Definitely have to think twice about spending that much money. But certainly when the roads are soupy mud it is the way to travel in style.

M
M
Do the math. 16 bze one way per person to Capt Morg. for example x 2 people per day round trip. 16x2x2= $64.00 bze x 100 days out of the year = $6400.00 x 4 years = $25,600.00. Thats 2 round trips per week. I would bet the island ferry would be higher four years from now too. Its about transportation not racing.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 109 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.