Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Originally Posted by Belize-N-Us
But if they get their "private practice" Belize medical license then I'll also be able to get mine so I say KEEP TRYING!

perhaps, or perhaps not. sometimes things can be, um, acquired by some that cannot be by others. if you forget that, just re-read this entire thread.

Originally Posted by Belize-N-Us
I'm reading. Just been quiet. I've beat this dead horse enough.

As long as they do it for free in a government hospital or clinic then they can get their "volunteer" Belize medical license, otherwise; lot's of luck.

But if they get their "private practice" Belize medical license then I'll also be able to get mine so I say KEEP TRYING!

5 more years to go before we make a change of some type. We want that change to be moving to and being able to work in my own "private" clinic on AC.

Time will tell if we can pull it off or not.

You should be able to get your license to practice medicine in Belize - you will simply have to follow the guidelines and agree to the public service portion of your licensing which will mean working at a clinic/hospital of the Department's choice (not your choice.) So you might be stuck in PG for 6 months or another area that could greatly benefit from your expertise. While working in the hospital you would be expected to teach as well as care for patients.

Many have done this, but mostly Guatemalans, Mexicans and Cubans.

J
J
Sorry, I won't be trying. At least not for this project.
My point in bringing these things up is to demonstrate that Mr. Pierce does plan, does have answers for policy makers and is in general preparing for many of the big problems. The sentiment on this site is to dismiss him simply as a greedy developer.

I can do PG or where ever for 6 months.

Come on rancher, you're giving up too soon. I'm with you on this hospital on AC idea. It's rediculous that the most prosperous town in Belize has to transport patients to the mainland for emergency surgeries, C/S deliveries, ect.

There are quality medical providers on the island that just need the facilities capable of performing basic surgeries. The need is there, the patients are there and most of the needed doctors are there. The only thing missing is the facility and a general surgeon.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
J
J
Thanks for the pep talk. Lets see how things develop.The devil is always in the financing details and as Pamkillen pointed out somewhat indirectly, there have been failures in the past.

P
P
Originally Posted by J9rancher
Mr. Pierce does plan, does have answers for policy makers and is in general preparing for many of the big problems

Of course - that's how he's successful. Only a fool would "dismiss" him as anything.

answers? preparing? you mean like for every accusation, we can come up with a deal offer? (i can almost hear it...give me that permit, i'll pave a road. or, don't collect that bond, and i'll build you a clinic. no problem. i got it. um, but nothing in writing promising i actually go thru with anything tho...) a CYA expert?

More than just a "pep talk".

I'm quite serious about living and practicing in Belize on AC in 5 years. I'm also prepared to put my money (what little I may have) where my mouth (keyboard) is. My plans include offering surgical OB services on the island.

If you are serious about establishing a surgical facility on AC at some point in the not too distant future then please call me at my office to discuss this topic in more detail.

I have posted this in the public forum rather than PM in case there are other readers also interested in this idea.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
L
L
Who will be responsible for maintaining such a facility?

R.B. Mernitz
J
J
Funding really is hard I am afraid. Services for Belizeans such as you describe would be wonderful but unless another cash stream can be developed you would pay a lot for the privilege of providing them on AC. The idea with South Beach was there would be a minimum of 5000 North Americans in residence at any given time and probably 4 times that in the winter. Medical Services would have to be provided, particularly since retirees might start to predominate. Some sort of facility would be required and that would of course be available to everyone. No support would have been required from the GOB or charity.
Hilton actually does this for retirement communities in Mexico.
Of course, there is growing opposition to South Beach for many good reasons so this avenue is probably out.
Talk to Dr. Gonzalez the next time you are there about average payments, supply problems, enormous duty on medical supplies etc. I don't mean to discourage you at all but it is very different from the US.

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 236 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.