Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#325803 02/28/09 04:18 PM
reaper Offline OP
OP Offline
Where do I begin?
It all started in 2003 when Kristine and I came to Belize for a holiday. After touring the island I knew a skydiving boogie would be a great event on Ambergris Caye. After a couple of very frustrating years it all came to be February of 2005 for "Boogie in Belize I". At that time the folks here on the message board were perplexed by it all! What an amazing run it has been. When I first posted about the boogie here I knew no one. All of these years later I am amazed at the folks here that are my very dear friends.
One of the greatest things about bringing skydiving to Belize has been to watch the local Belizeans makejumps, and to watch, and leap with MANY of you here on the board.
To make an event as large as these boogies happen I needed a LOT of help. I want to thank Marty for all of his great enthusiasm and posting some of our best photos, and allowing me to pump up the volume about skydiving here at AC.com.
There are so many folks that have helped over the past five years and I know i will forget some of them but thanks and a shout out to the following...
Tropic Air, without them I would still be begging for permission.

The SunBreeze Hotel and Suites, Who else lets a bunch of smelly skydivers take over a resort for ten days, hanging wet parachutes all over?

The Blue Water Grill, Great food and great welcoming dinners.

BC's, thanks to Charlene for our farewell BBQ's and always
being the un official watering hole for the jumpers, and making the "Queens" jump the first year.

Mayor Paz and the Town Board for inviting us back each year.

Dr. Danny and Dr. Tina for patching us up over the years.

The BTB and Minister Heredia for their great support.

Rosalie Staines and the Oapn Paki Show for being staunch supporters of skydiving in Belize.

Travellers Liquors for all of the free "One Barrel"!

Zeta Water for keeping us hydrated.

Pelican Properties, Sunrise Realty and Seaside Realty for helping out in many different ways.

Aqua Dives, Island Ferry, Amigos Del Mar and Tanisha Tours for boat support over the years.

All of the various nightspots(too many to list!) that have hosted us over the years.

The BDF Air Wing that helped out in so many ways. Flying jumpers for demos and doing a formation load with us.

Astrum Helicopters, allowing us to use their fuel trailer.

The San Pedro Sun and Ambergris Today have given us great coverage all these years.

Channel 5 for great TV coverage to promote our sport.

And the list could go on forever as SO many folks have helped make this one of the premier skydiving events in the world.

And Lyal and Cathy from Eden North Parachute Schools in Edmonton, Canada. Without their help I never would have been able to pull this event off so smoothly.

And to Skydive Perris in California. Flying a Twin Otter, the "Blue Shark" each year.

And to Skydive Kapowsin in Washington for flying their Caravan the first year.

Where the hell did these five years go???

Thanks to everyone that has made a leap with us or just came out to watch. It has been my pleasure to bring the sport I love to all of you. It makes me laugh when I see a post here about skydiving, I have done my job!

I am working on a full time operation in Belize for late next year. If all goes well we will be jumping every day over Ambergris Caye!

As of now "Boogie in Belize VI" is on hold for a few years. You all will be the first to know when we restart the party!

Thanks Everyone!
(I need a nap)

And, thank you, as well. You have provided many with a once in a lifetime opportunity to check off a "bucket list" item, have graced this board with your presence, you level headedness, your friendship. You and your group have contributed so much to the island, it is amazing what a group can do with just the desire to help.
Reaper, you are such a good guy....thanks for being our friend.

At what age is it determined I am old enough to know better?
I have to agreed 100% with sunandsand!
I have been fortunate enough to have been present for every boogie.
Reaper and family (both biological and skydivers) it is a pleasure knowing you all.
Look forward to the time when your full time operation is in place >remember you promised at least 100 of us boarders, jobs with your Belize operation smile .
Enjoy your nap, you deserve it.
Hugs and kisses, Gail cool

A gentleman, a philanthropist, and someone that enjoys living for himself and by serving others. Congratulations reaper. I wish you the best and thank you for all you've given me.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
E
E
Dang, I was gonna jump next year.

N
N
Ernie Hon, you jumped this year. Don't you remember? LOL

Faceplants in the sand count?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
K
K
Thanks for the memories...this is my laptop computer's screensaver. Good luck to you all...Kathy

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2145768560047632492uFnQKa

S
S
Thank you for adding to our vacation experiance this year. The kids ran over everytime they saw the divers coming in. You all looked beautiful in the sky and the excitement and comraderie you all showed each other on the ground was fantastic. All the best to you and all the divers and again thank you from all of us.

S
S
Originally Posted by Ernie B
Dang, I was gonna jump next year.

No problem Ernie..we'll organize your jump with Tropic. Got lots of volunteers to push you out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.