Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
N
OP Offline
N
I know there are several people here that have adopted various worthy causes to support on Ambergris Caye. What do you support and why? How did you choose?

T
T
This is actually a great post because in most cases you will find that there are many many causes that need your help. One important thing to remember is you can't do everything so pick something and dedicate yourself. You will find this rewarding and in general a successful way to tackle issues and problems within the community.

N
OP Offline
N
TM, that is what I am looking for but as of now there are 66 views and 1 reply. LOL

E
E
Nancy, The SPSC has donated over $35K to the two schools and the library. We are completing a kitchen at the RC school now, to serve balanced meals to the needy kids and tuition for thoes that need it.

N
OP Offline
N
E, what is SPSC?

I went with Eve to the RC to visit with Miss Kay.

i agree with TM that the frustration is that there are too many worthy causes, and one often doesn't know which to support.

its kinda obvious my personal causes on the island are SAGA, & the need for sensible, reasonable & sustainable development. i think at this point i've voiced why quite enuf. smile

my husband chooses to support Holy Cross School. he visits every trip.

i suppose each one who chooses a cause picks one that is dear to them for one reason or another. some are tangible, some idealistic.

so, there's my answer. it isn't very exciting, but at least i replied. smile

What sort of cause would you be inclined to contribute to?
There are children in need, mothers in need , reef in need,animals in need, libraries, clinics, schools,and so on.

E
E
Nancy, Eve is a good person who puts in a lot of time for the kids of SP

P
P
Ernie, that is a great idea. How can I help?
My favorite cause is the public library because it serves people across the whole economic, social, and age spectrum. Plus I BELIEVE in books

N
OP Offline
N
Sweet Jane & Natalie, thank you. It is a bit overwelming.

Until I get more feedback I want to keep my feelings to myself. But I do think for me a narrow focus would be more appealing.
A rough childhood will do that to you. I really do want other's views. Not just what they do but why.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.