Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
skippy Offline OP
OP Offline
Finally a few miles north of the cut is visible on updated images of the 2009 Google Earth 5.0 which you can download or update with the link below:

Look up, smile and wave

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
Thanks skippy. I missed you walking on the beach two weeks ago. There were several sailboats moored of the beach. Which one was yours?

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
E
E
That has to be about 2 years old. The Mojito and Tapas are next to Paradise Villas, no sign of the Phoenix monstrosity. Way cool magnification though.

God Bless The Reef!
E
E
Just looked at the bottom. Image from 2003. Still pretty cool.

God Bless The Reef!
skippy Offline OP
OP Offline
I just noticed another anomoly, which is when I went in to about 6000 feet over the South Beach area looking for any "progress", the notation in the left lower corner says imagery is from 2003. Huh?

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
I'm not sure the SP town pic has been updated... but I am sure that north of town has been updated from the very blurry shot it used to be. Definitely not current - my reference is only 3 buildings being completed at Belize Shores. That should narrow down the year... Neither maps.google.com nor wikimapia.org maps have been updated yet, seems this update is only in the Google Earth application so far.

B
B
The pic dates are always on the page.
The "new" ones are jan 31 2001.
The vegetation was still suffering from the hurricane

skippy Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Caye Connect
I'm not sure the SP town pic has been updated... but I am sure that north of town has been updated from the very blurry shot it used to be. Definitely not current - my reference is only 3 buildings being completed at Belize Shores. That should narrow down the year... Neither maps.google.com nor wikimapia.org maps have been updated yet, seems this update is only in the Google Earth application so far.

Yes, certainly not updated as I initially thought. Possibly just the image they had that was blurry is simply clear now? That also makes no sense. I wonder if anyone can ID the resort at the furthest point north in the now clear image?

B
B
I see alaska Jims house then the green parrot then cliffs house.
I dont know who is thw red roof at the end of the clear picture.
Costa Maya/casa caribe is in the blurry part

The images are from January/February 2001. We had just purchased the Green Parrot and the first of the old casitas is being moved to the back on the picture (we now use the old guest rooms as staff quarters). The old dock has been removed and Daryl (brother of Vanessa at BTL) hadn't started on the new dock yet. Marty kept the old Green Parrot site alive for me - a small piece of history: //ambergriscaye.com/greenparrot/
Jan

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.