Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
We were getting discouraged and started to really wonder about things. When Land Titles doesn't confirm there is any record of your transaction (even after receipt of stamp duty and transfer fees it makes one nervous. When we spoke with a land title official and he emailed back from "yahoo" that also raises questions. However we now are expecting documents this coming week. An independent LTO person confirmed this was true.

We are now excited again as Belize is a great country and so are the people.

Cheers everyone.

Connie

That is good news Connie. I finally got a title that I applied for in August - this gives me hope that my other applications are being processed!

Most of the government employees have yahoo or hotmail email addresses.

B
B
I was getting ready to subdivide a little parcel on the mainland, and my surveyor needed my land title for something I'd closed on last summer. I emailed my attorney to ask about it, and she replied that she didn't know anything about it, that she thought I'd given it to another to attorney to do who'd left their firm. Luckily, I had some emails from her from last fall where she'd said the title should come in a week or so, and I reminded her of those. Then I got an email back saying she remembered, and she re-checked, but the title hadn't come yet. Then two days later she emailed back that it had! It's a bit of a circuitous process!

I guess the only lesson I can draw from this is that it's good to keep correspondence from everyone to help remind them if they forget about it.

C
OP Offline
C
So happy - we received the documents today. Our real estate agent didn't include the original receipts for the transfer fee etc. but he'd already emailed those before so guess he didn't feel it was necessary. But we have the Certificate of Title in our hands - yay!! Was a little puzzling that it shows Dec. l8th yet was still in the valuation dept. as of 2 weeks ago. Oh well, not going to worry about that!

Cheers everyone.

And thanks Amanda for that note about the yahoo bit - we thought that was odd, but I guess not.

The title I received a few weeks ago was dated nov 2008. Shows how slow the full system works. But we should all be grateful that there is a system to follow! Nice clean crispy titles to work with in the future.

C
OP Offline
C
Absolutely agree. Nice to know that after the dust all settled for everyone that title actually does come through.

We slept well last night (lol). Nice to know when we come back we in the future we can get our realtor to drive us out to Warree Bight/Freshwater Creek and sit on our own piece of beach. Just bare land but that is ok.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone, and in particular from you Amanda.

Cheers from Kelowna

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.