Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
J
Let me just get her info and we can PM each other to help these poor animals.

To all you obviously interested and caring boarders - we'd love to take this opportunity to ask you to turn this into something positive by assisting with the Friends of the Humane Society (FOTHS) "San Pedro Spay/Neuter Campaign!"

We are putting the finishing touches on 8 1/2 x 11 tri-fold educational brochures in English and Spanish (you may recall Collyk had asked for photos of dogs for this purpose a little while back?) and could use assistance in the area of printing and distribution. Once the brochures are ready to go, individuals can help by printing copies of it themselves and distributing it, and businesses can offer to run off 50 or so each and display them prominently. We will also be working on a poster to go along with it for further display.

A serious grass roots effort aimed at solving the core of the problem (i.e., the unchecked reproduction of both dogs and cats) will go a long way to avoiding future hardship for the animals!

Please PM if you are interested in helping out, thanks!

Keepin'ItReel FishingTours&More AlbertoTrejo 6255373
6709986 reelitinbelize@yahoo.com
Sarah I am so sorry the dog you fell in love with was put to sleep. Adopt another one, I am sure when those eyes look into yours you will be in love.

This tragic situation happens time and time again in Belize and right here in the US. NEUTER your pet da%^it@! Don't breed or buy while homeless pets die. Low cost neutering is available in most US City's and apparently now by Saga. Take advantage! Get Fido fixed TODAY!!!! There are many health benefits to having your male and female dogs neutered that prevent costly medical bills for you and misery for your companion pet in future.

S
S
YES - tell it Malibu!

Why do so many people insist on breeding / having pedigree pups (many of which end up in shelters)? If the first family (Obama's) adopt a pound
pup:) that would make a huge difference. Please!

N
N
All dogs are wonderful and loving if raised with structure and love.

All dogs have different personalities. Many breeds of dogs have very different personalities and traits.

Many people prefer large dogs while others like smaller dogs.
Some people like hairy dogs others like short hired dogs.
Black dogs, white dogs, spotted dogs, handsome dogs, homely dogs, pretty dogs, funny dogs..........

I am not attracted to "hound" looking dogs. That doesn't mean I don't like them I am just not drawn to them. I like either very large or very small dogs. I love black and tan dogs. Kinda like Peter Jones' dog.

Isn't it great we all like something different?

i have to agree with you ladies. for 25 years now, i only have had shelter or rescued pets. they are so lovable and appreciative. neuter & spay your pets!

last month, at colly's suggestion, i wrote the saga vet to say thank you, after the first day of euthanasia, as colly said it was an awful day for an animal loving vet. here was part of her reply:

'Thank you so much, that was very sweet of you to write. Yes, yesterday was a horrible day for many many reasons. Sometimes the job is like this so it makes such a huge difference to have the community's support and I really appreciate it on a personal level as well.'

i sent a donation. anyone reading this thread who feels a twang in their heart, please give & help. thank you.

SAGA donation link

S
S
So does this mean you aren't attracted to Snoopy? He will be so hurt!

J
J
I want to donate to SAGA, but when I clicked on the donation link it is there Wish List for August 2007. Has there wish list changed at all?

jon - on the link, the 3rd paragraph down, it says ' to make a financial donation, please click here'.

they need anything you can bring. in nov, i went to the dollar store and brought them a bunch of dog & cat collars, flea & tick remedy, toys, rawhide treats...they are happy for any help.

J
J
I have a friend who works in a Vet and She said they might be able to give me Scaples and drugs (within reason). And I was going to send Science Diet dog food.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 165 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.