Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#328101 03/13/09 09:51 AM
Andry Offline OP
OP Offline
I thought I was getting a good deal, yet I noticed that there are several threads that mention hotel's such as Ruby's for as little as $25 a night or even $60 a night is cheaper than what I paid. It is for me and my daughter.

I paid it about a month in advance and am leaving on Sunday and realize that it is too late to change this now, but I am just curious for next time if this is all normal for a trip to San Pedro or was I screwed (I really doubt)?

Is it because it is a resort? Beach front? The reason I booked there is because I have stayed there before on my first trip to Belize. But I had no choice then, it was being paid for for me. I just came along. I enjoyed staying there and didn't want to take any chances any where else. Too bad I found this thread after I booked.

Thanks for any tips in advance.

Andry
Check out some other places while you are here. It's hard to tell if you got a good deal since you don't mention where it is. In San Pedro, as anywhere else in the world, you generally get what you pay for. Find out what amenities you are getting at the hotel you are staying at and compare that to other places while you are here.

Many people book the same hotels over and over again regardless of the price because there are certain things they like about a particular place and don't mind paying extra or staying further from town in order to get them.

Enjoy your time in San Pedro

Change your Latitude
You're OK on the price. You could may more or less, just depends where you stay, what you want. But I agree, when you're here, walk in to places and ask their rates, look around, use their pool ("I need to know if I want to stay here" usually works).

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
L
L
That price is not unreasonable. Look where you are and you do get what you pay for. Enjoy!

Andry Offline OP
OP Offline
Whew, that makes me feel better. I was thinking they were all pretty much the same and being more in the center of town would have been better than going all the way back to our Resort by ourselves at night after dinner...I was beginning to worry. But if you all think I am getting the value of what I paid for, then that makes me feel better. Thanks.

Andry
Andry Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh and I'm staying at Mata Rocks Resort. It is close to Victoria House.

Andry
I think that's a fine price for Mata Rocks, but it's a bit too far south to be considered in town IMHO.

i agree that it is a step up from ruby's, so the price would relate. i usually pay around +/- $100/night(+ 9% tax) for decent beachfront that is above basic lodgings - so you are in line. everybody has different wants and tastes.

T
T
Actually that price is a great price considering the location. The resort is only a few hundred feet from the best beach on the island and has 4 great restaurants and bars within a distance as well (El Divino, Vic House, Rico's and of course Mata Rocks). Everything is walking distance including everything in town. As much as some people like to stay at Ruby's I really don't think there is any comparison between the two places or any other place that charges $25.00 USD to $75.00 USD per night and is actually located on the beach.

S
S
I agree it is all about what you like. I stay at Capricorn every time I visit and the price is much more than what you paid. That being said it is my favorite restaurant and I eat most of meals there, the staff are all friends now and now me. They remember what I like, what I don't like and at what times of day I do certain things. They only have three rooms so you are never crowded. All that being said they don't have a pool so if I want to use the pool I have to go next door and they are 3 miles from town. Still, I think I am getting an excellent deal here and can't imagine staying any where else. I weigh what I want the most out of a resort. If you do plan on another visit I suggest as the other poster did that you look around and see what you like best.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.