aware of another publication group who recommends some
high priced lawyers in the states who can set you up
with the Qualified Retirement Program but I know that
there must be in Belize lawyers or even "facilitators"
who know what they are doing and who can do it much much
less expensively than that high priced law firm in the
states. If I could find several who could compete against
one another in lowering their prices then that would help
things considerably and keep prices down !!!

PLEASE HELP. cry

Thanks, Alex grin

Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it

Alex

Good luck with your ventures. Keep us posted.

Gail cool

In Belize "competition" is not as welcome or common as folks from elsewhere might expect.

And remember that you meet everybody twice - the tone of the first meeting will set the tone of so many things that follow.

I don't really see why you would need a "facilitator" for the QRP program. It's a pretty straight-forward program, and the BTB is usually forthcoming with information about the program. In some cases, it might be helpful for permanent residency, though it's certainly not necessary.

--Lan Sluder

There is no getting "around" the fee that the BTB charges for your QRP status. That fee is fixed and I believe is still $1000.00 US. You can either run the documents back and forth yourself, or you can pay someone over and above that amount to do the work for you.

Check out the information on Tacogirls blog site for particulars. If you have ever tried to get a copy of a birth certificate, driver's license, or other important document in the US, then this will be no more difficult than that.

One bit of advice. Check out the official sites and documents about the required documents, submit them along with your money and do whatever else you need to do to make it complete. Don't hand someone you don't know very well a pocket full of money thinking you are getting a bargain, and then expect it to turn out well.

Change your Latitude
S
S
Government officials are rightly concerned when they are confronted with an "expiditer" trying to push through documents that should rightly be presented by the principles. Do it yourself and avoid problems!!!

B
B
Avoid problems by doing it yourself.....ha ha. The rules change depending on the cycle of the moon and tides. Good luck. However, I do agree with Jesse on his point, "expiditers" can inject a whole new level of angst to the picture.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.