Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Short Offline OP
OP Offline
Leonardo DiCaprio Reveals plans for Private Island Blackadore Caye in Belize

[Linked Image]

Leonardo DiCaprio has recently unveiled his plans for his private island, Blackadore Caye in Belize, just west of Ambergris Caye. The renowned actor and environmental activist has teamed up with the Four Seasons to develop the 104-acre tropical private island into a conscientious exclusive eco-luxury resort.

DiCaprio had originally discovered the island on a vacation in 2004 while staying at the ultra-luxury resort Cayo Espanto. DiCaprio purchased the private island with Cayo Espanto owner Jeff Gram in 2005 for a reported $1.75 million. The two have now begun drawing up plans with Four Seasons to create a five-star luxury resort based on sustainable design and environmental conservation.

[Linked Image] Blackadore Caye is located off the coast of Belize and is situated between the Belize coast and the famous vacation hotspot Ambergris Caye. The private island resort will be designed around the environment and carefully integrated to the unspoiled surroundings. DiCaprio intends for the eco-luxury private island to serve as a benchmark for testing innovative "green" technology and natural energy sources such as water, sun and wind.

The eco luxury private island resort is reportedly designed to include an 80-room luxury hotel with private beach villas, spa services and fine dining restaurants. The private island will also include a solar-paneled airstrip to provide additional power. The private island will also include an exclusive collection of private villas with private pools and direct access to beaches. These discreet and extremely lavish private villas will cater to an A-list clientele and possibly several famous friends of DiCaprio.

http://www.ambergristoday.com/html/archives.php?p=031909#_st4

Live and let live
was this info released before, like years ago? i'm sure i heard all this (or pretty close to it) previously?

Quite the environmentalist for sure......Let's purchase an island and build, build, build..... Where are those darned rolley eyes????

It's great to be .....

Let's get them involved in the 'sustainable development' movement~

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Short Offline OP
OP Offline
Blackadore Caye does not have very high land, actually during high tides it floods. I wonder in which sustainable way he is going to fill the island? Also the island is surrounded by flats, that make boat access difficult. I hope they are not going to dredge there like was done around Caye Chapel in the past!

Live and let live
Googled this and the story is indeed years old on the intertubes.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
S
S
Originally Posted by Short
Blackadore Caye does not have very high land, actually during high tides it floods. I wonder in which sustainable way he is going to fill the island? Also the island is surrounded by flats, that make boat access difficult. I hope they are not going to dredge there like was done around Caye Chapel in the past!

Been there many times in all conditions and never saw any flooding. There once was a coconut cocal on the north end...the old house foundation is still there...and a fairly good concrete dock...with about 5' depth all the way to it. The only low area is in the mid-section where theres a salt grass area. Theres a fresh water source about 1/3rd way up from the south end. Nice island!

Originally Posted by Short

There is a great coconut stand there on the north end. I have never seen the island flood - probably did on the south end during Hurricane Keith - but that was extreme weather. Shallow water access (regular skiffs) isvery easy. In fact pirate ships used to stop off there to rest and get fresh water etc.

There is also a deep water channel nearby that the sugar barges use.

Sorry short - but you are wrong.

Short Offline OP
OP Offline
I stand correct, thanks for correcting me. I do hope they will not need any excessive dredging.

Live and let live
It doesn't look like there will be a need for dredging.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 208 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.