Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32935 01/06/01 08:05 PM
K
karen d Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I'm confused about a few things pertaining to Ambergris Caye. If I want to snorkel, do I always have to pay to take a boat out to some place or can one snorkel off of a beach? My husband and I want to visit in Feb. but I can't see having to rent a boat each time I want to snorkel. Can anyone answer this? Also, I've heard that Villas at Banyon is nice, but they are all two bedrooms. Anyplace next to Banyon that isn't so far from town that we couldn't bike it - right on beach, of course. Can individuals rent small boats and are there smaller islands to go see. Weve been to the Caymans snorkeling (very good) and the Abacos (just so-so). Is Ambergris a good spot to go to? Thanks for anyone who can help me.

#32936 01/06/01 09:25 PM
the best snorkeling by far is out at the reef, you must take a boat to get out to see it....

its quite incredible, well worth the trip. you can do minor snorkeling around the docks, but nothing like what you see out at Hol Chan and other spots....

there are small islands to visit, either out at lighthouse reef or just around ambergris..

caye caulker, caye chapel, goffs caye, all the small cayes out at lighthouse reef, lots of places to wander.. not to mention the jungles and various trips on the mainland...

#32937 01/06/01 11:26 PM
The snorkeling in Belize, even in the more visited areas around Ambergris Caye, is superior to almost any other snorkeling in the Caribbean. You do have to take a boat out to enjoy the best snorkeling -- and no, boats are not available for rent -- but that's not such a hassle as you might think. You can make a fun trip out of it, and contrary to what you might think, you'll get more snorkeling in than you probably want to do. In between trips, you can snorkel off the shore, around docks, etc.

There are many different small condotels and suites places along the beach south of town, starting with The Palms and Belizean Reef Suites just south of town, and among others Caribbean Villas (litle "mini reef" around the pier), Woody's, Coral Caye. Near Banyon Bay is Banana Beach, which has lovely one-bedroom suites.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#32938 01/07/01 11:39 AM
You might want to consider Tobacco Caye for a short stay. They claim you can wade a short distance to the reef. www.tclodgebelize.com . Not as much social activity as SP though.

#32939 01/07/01 07:34 PM
S
S
Karen, I just got home last night and found that my one bedroom Feb. 4-13 booking had cancelled...so its available again if you want it. Yikes, I can't remember what my URL on //www.ambergriscaye.com is for my condos but the belize.com page is www.belize.com/paradisevillas.html
It's available through the morning of Feb. 14, busy the rest of the month. It's real convenient to everything, in town next to the Paradise Hotel.

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
#32940 01/08/01 12:44 AM
O
O
Karen...
If you want to go to AC in February, suggest that you try one of the following:

The Palms
Belezian Reef
Coral Bay Villas

Not necessarily in that order...Not as pricy as Banyan Bay. Located between Banyan Bay and town. Each has a page under lodging on this site.

Good luck!

Jim

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 195 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.