Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
OP Offline
T
My questions is Why are there two organizations helping the animals here in SP?

JZB Offline
Do you mean why doesn't FOTHS JOIN Saga instead of working seperately? Good question.

T
OP Offline
T
What I mean is why are there two organizations.

my understanding is that SAGA is the humane society (deals with the aminals), and FOTHS is a fund-raising organization for SAGA, because SAGA does not have the time, staff nor resources to do fund-raising activities.

That is my understanding too sweetjane.

As a matter of fact there is a movement underway to formalize the arrangement and many of the Saga projects that have been on hold will be dusted off and revitalized.

You will be hearing more about this in the near future - but for now the people involved are still in the restructuring stages - please be patient - there is a lot of work involved - and of course it is all volunteer work. People have to fit it all in between work, families and other commitments.

L
L
From time to time when I have been down, I have stopped at SAGA to make a $ donation. They once gave me a cute Tshirt with dogs and cats and paw prints on it. Last month when I went by there, they were closed. If one wants to donate $ for animal care when they are in town, where to go?

i saw a past thread that listed the SAGA hours. (no time, can someone find that for her?)

otherwise, there is a link on the SAGA website for credit card donations from the US.

The Saga clinic has office hours - and you must have popped by while it was closed since they are definitely in full operation at this time.

I will post the hours when I go through my notes.

Also note that anyone can join FOTHS, attend their meetings and find out what is going on and offer to help. That is the best way to get accurate information about what is going on.

FOTHS has always been fund raising for SAGA, so there are not two groups at all. One is solely a fund raising group.

Many non profits have 'friends of' groups.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

L
L
OK, thanks - cannot remember what time I went by there.

Will stop by on my next time down during clinic hours!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.