Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Lerida has said she will be glad to help out and certainly RB would be a welcome addition to the team.

We are hoping to make a schedule so folks don't have to hang around too long and miss work - they can come in at a specific time.

We hope that this will be a successful day and we will have a more organized blood drive later this year - more beds, more technicians etc.

This is a rushed drive but juice and cookies will be provided!

Thanks everybody, for all of your support.

P
P
I think that way the day will go is that at 10 am , the blood bank people, will set up. By 10:15 or so they will be ready to start drawing blood.People can call 226 4402 to see if there is a line and when is the best time to come by. You can also drop by and come back if we look too busy. I will be getting a cell phone number as well to call and see if there is a line.
There will be OJ, cookies etc to have after the blood is drawn and places to sit until you feel OK. If anyone felt like bringing some cookies or OJ to donate, that would be great.
We will have medical back up if necessary but I doubt we will need it.

We hope to be done so that the staff are able to get on the 4 pm plane back to the city.
Thanks to all of you who are participating whether you are actually able to give blood or are spreading the word. I spoke to Julian and he extends his thanks as well from the Rivero family.

P
P
Sorry typo, able to give blood

If all the pledges come through we are going to collect a lot of blood tomorrow!! If I were a vampire I would be most excited.

As it is I know this is going to help Annie and many, many others.

Thanks to everybody that helping get the word out there and who are donating blood, time, expertise or juice and cookies.

N
N
A thought here. We won't be back to AC until maybe June. Can we stop off in Belize City and donate blood that will be credited to Annie?

I don't know how it works there but here it will be credited to her. I wish I could donate here and have it credited to her there.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
yes you can. instructions for Belize City are above....

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Monday Morning folks its time!

C
C
Here is part of an email that I received from Julian with some more information on helping out;

"The town board & mayoress are organizing a fund raiser & the radio station will do a radiothon at some time this week. I also have an account at Atlantic Bank # if there is any way you can assist."

PM me for the account number if interested.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
22 units were collected yesterday. it took about 50 people to get them.

we're no longer newbies at the blood donation game, next time should be much more efficiently managed. we can rule out certain people from coming down by better information to them in the beginning. i am sure that half ot the people who came were denied the opportunity to donate.

any woman on her period was out. anyone on even aspirin cannot donate. or penecillin, or heart medicine. many people came and waited and then could not donate. peter lawrence came and they could fine no blood veins (just like we knew all along!!!!) :>

so we can do this regularly and get really good at it.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Julian says thank you to all from the bottom of his heart.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.