Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
OP Offline
T
My girlfriend and I are coming down in mid-April for 6 days. Neither of us have been to AC before and would like to get some advice on what to do, where to eat, and things not to miss.

We would like to know about the safety of the island, any areas we may need to avoid, and other information anyone feels would be helpful. We don't anticipate any probelms, as everyone I have talked to that has been here has said nothing but good things. I read earlier that people discourage using their debit cards. Anyone have any experience or suggestions on this?

Also, we are going fishing for at least one day on the reef. Someone suggested that we book our trip out of the Bottom Time Dive Shop. Anyone have any experience with these guys? We just want to catch some fish and have fun. Any advice would be much appreciated.

We are looking forward to our trip and invite any suggestions and/or advice. Any help is greatly appreciated.

try www.fishingsanpedro.com

Steve has all the best fishing guides and is cheap as well

E
E
smile

Last edited by Ernie B; 03/24/09 10:21 PM.
The first thing I would do if I were you is to extend your trip for a few extra days! smile Just kidding!

Most areas are safe as long as you use common sense. Take travelers checks, cash or credit cards if you don't mind the extra 3+% they will charge you for "foreign purchases." Fishing is great, but I don't have guide recommendations.

Some ideas for your trip (in no certain order):
1. Snorkel Hol Chan/Shark Ray Alley
2. Rent a golf cart and explore the island.
3. Eat at the Reef, Waraguma and El Patio. Get caye lime pie at Carumba, Jambel Jerk or Blue Water Grill. For a nice romantic dinner, take a water taxi up to Capricorn or Portofino.
4. Find a nice barstool and enjoy a cold drink.
5. Take a ruin tour on the mainland.
6. Walk around town and enjoy the view.
7. Walk down the beach and enjoy the view.
8. Find some live music to enjoy.
9. Find a nice beach chair to relax in.
10. Slow down and enjoy your trip!

S
S
evening all. thanks for the advice.. I too am visiting AC for the first time,arriving this weekend .. I appreciate your recommendations

..a sailor in search of that special harbor
Last 2 trips I used Omero Graniel for $200 US. he took us fishing snorkeling & a beach Bar-B-Que, he brought 6 lobster with him, cooked the fish, lobster & potatoes in about 15 min. and it was one of the best meals we had.
e-mail [email protected] Tel:226-2729 625-7631

I would also reccomend a half day trip over to Caye Caulker.
Take a cart across the bridge North & stop at the Palapa Bar, then down to the next dock & my new favorite place Akbol, great beach Bar with pool & killer view & awesome cheap food.

S
S
Originally Posted by J DOG

then down to the next dock & my new favorite place Akbol, great beach Bar with pool & killer view & awesome cheap food.

AGREED! The best place around!!!...

Everyone, you will have a great time. Use the "search " to find out the info you are looking for. Everything is good on the island.
Ernie :), I owe you good buddy!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
TO: TXLonghorn (YEAH Texas) and Seadoc... ya'll will have a GREAT time in San Pedro. It's all good no matter what you do. I know others on this board can give better information on fishing guides. I don't know about debit cards as I carry cash and also use a credit card from time to time (no problems there)>
Great food is always around, from the street vendors, to El Patio, to Waraguma's to George's Kitchen to Carumbas to Pedro's (pizza). You both will be given advice, but my observation has been to "go where your nose leads you"...
San Pedro has a lot to offer, just enjoy the time that you are there and soak up the scenery.... it will stay with you for a while. (10th time in 2 years.. yeah, I kind of like the place).

Take the road less traveled
L
L
I sometimes use my debit card in San Pedro, works just like at home, but remember to ask for twice what you want (BZ $2 = American $1) and be mindful you will be charged a small foreign conversion/transaction fee. I always go to Belize Bank at end of Front Street.

Have fun!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.