Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
OP Offline
F
My husband and I are staying at Tranquility Bay from April 14-21. I'd like to have our house stocked with groceries so that we do not have to go grocery shopping when we arrive in San Pedro right away (I'm pretty sure we're going to be exhausted). I've seen a couple online grocery delivery services, but I haven't gotten any replies about whether or not they deliver to Tranquility Bay, etc. Any suggestions about how to best get some groceries lined up? Also, is there anything else we should be stocked up with since we'll be out at Tranquility Bay all week? Thanks!

Contact Simon at http://www.lagniappe-belize.com/
He's the best

Not sure if he delivers as far as Tranquility but I'm sure he will let you know that

Colin, Marianne & Sophie the Dog
www.mrptny.com
Ditto on Simon!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
We used Mata Grande Grocery in Feb and were VERY pleased with their service. We stay in a house close to Belize Legacy. Not nearly as far as Tranquility Bay. Prices were good. Food was very fresh. Delivery fee was only $10. Mandy and Jason are super. They even delivered bicycles for us.

www.matagrandegrocery.com

Time flys - have fun!
I recommend Simon as well. Tell him skippy sent ya.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
S
S
Beware that "low" delivery fee. Earlier this year we had clients who said they had comparison shopped and they said that the difference in price on a couple of items more than made up for it.

You can easily check the differences as they just downloaded our order form and put it up on their site wink

We compared prices,too. They were about the same.
It was the $10 delivery fee (any location) with no minimum order or service charge for Mata Grande Grocery vs. $60 delivery fee plus 2.5% service charge and a minimum order of $200 for Lagnaippe that made us choose Mata Grande.
It made a huge difference.
As far as Mata Grande's web site - it looks nothing like Lagnaippe's. As a matter of fact they carry far fewer items.

Last edited by HavinFun; 03/31/09 03:47 PM.

Time flys - have fun!
S
S
I can only go on what my clients told me as I haven't had the time to do a comparison myself, I believe they mentioned that some items they ordered were $15 to $20 more each.

I will admit we have a $200 minimum but we would rather service 5 or 6 clients a day well rather than 10 or 15 poorly.

I wasn't saying the sites looked the same. It's the order form categories and items that are almost identical if you look. It's quite obvious to the person that developed the order form over several years what happened. The items that are priced the same are a dead give away especially when you factor in the complex formulas used for pricing (cost of item, business tax, GST, difficulty of obtaining, etc.).

We have been using Lagniappe Provisioning for a few years now and have always been very pleased with their service.

You will always get only the freshed provisions avialable on the island ( Simon shops at many of the Supermarkets to insure freshness).
If a requested item can not found fresh, they will not provide a "stale" one. It will be noted on the delivery recipt and credited back to your Credit card. (F.Y.I. I have no affiliation with Lagniappe, speaking from past experiance)

Simon (Mr Lagniappe himself) Loves to deliver heavy provisions like 5 gallon bottled water and cases of Belikin Beer especially if you are staying on the 2nd or 3rd floor so don't be shy to order large quantities of heavy items as he told me once that he loves the exercise.

Enjoy your stay @ Tranquility Bay it is a really cool area of the Island, Very beautiful and has a neat Bar / Resturant over the water. Great Snorkeling right off the deck or beach, we usually like to stop by there for lunch at least once every time we are on the island.

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
S
S
"Simon (Mr Lagniappe himself) Loves to deliver heavy provisions like 5 gallon bottled water and cases of Belikin Beer especially if you are staying on the 2nd or 3rd floor so don't be shy to order large quantities of heavy items as he told me once that he loves the exercise."

Can someone please explain why I still have this damn beer belly then?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.