BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Nessa Offline OP
OP Offline
N
This has nothing to do about anything, but I was in Caye Caulker this past Feb. for the first time and of course, I fell in love with it! It's all I can think about! The food, the people, the truly laid back, simple life there - all amazing! I've vacationed a few other places and Caye Caulker was so different. I loved it there.....

Same here. I was there for the first time in Feb also, and the feeling of relaxation and calm about the place was palpable. I was really struck by it. I've been a lot of places and never noticed that before.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
M
M
Yep. Everyone I've talked to says the same thing: "Wanna move to Belize!" I was there in February too and have done a lot of thinking about this place that has me wanting to leave a very happy life in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. It is very hard to describe, but I felt that I was able to shed all pretenses that our American culture heaps onto us. I was able to observe the innocence of the natural surroundings that the people of Belize cherish. I was able to see that a simpler way of life is not only possible, but most desirable.

Back now for almost two months, I have put some distance between Belize and my longing to be back there. And the search for a simple way of being in this life I have created here is on. That's not to say that I won't be back...I can't wait.

N
Nessa Offline OP
OP Offline
N
It opened my eyes to a life that I felt I should have been living for years - simple, peaceful, stress-free. Someday I will have a small piece of that paradise to call my own. smile

L
L
That's very good to hear from all of you!! I'm pretty sure that all the residents of our beautiful island would really appreciate your remarks! Please do come back soon!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 271 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day